Hi, I was working with a Travel Based BPO company in Gurgaon at the position of Travel Sales Consultant since last 2 yrs. Due to sudden decline in my husband's health(for which I have relevant proves as he is suffering from a major communicable disease) I was not able to focus on my job, my presence was required at home and thought to resign however company had the guidelines of serving the notice period of one month which I couldn't do because the circumstances were not favourable enough, as me and my husband live on our own in delhi and I resigned through email and my team leader was well aware about the situation when I had been going for docter appointments.But I din't get any reply from my Team Leader on the resignation email and which is was suppoed to send accross to HR Department then I marked an Email to HR after 3 days, then again I dint get any reply and I again followed up with them over the email after 3 days. Then later on after 2 days, I got a reply from them saying that they are not aware about my situation and as I dint serve the notice period so they wouldn't proceed ahead with my FNF formalities and my status in their records mentioned absconding. When I checked this email I immediately went to my office to speak with HR people. The HR department head was so blunt that even after explaining my situation with all the docter's prescriptions and test reports he straightaway said that we wont be able to provide you the relieving letter, neither we will clear your dues (which is my January month incentive and Feb too). Instead he asked me If I can pay them half of my salary amount then only he will get me the relieving letter without any of my dues being cleared. That made me shattered seeing the insane attitude of HR department which is supposed to hear the grievances of employees. I need to lodge a formal complaint for them in labour court or in labour office. Please help and guide me through in getting my relieving, experience, form 16 and dues if possible...
Thanks guys..

From India, Delhi
Dear Vidhivani,
In your long post, two significant factors emerge. One is that you did not serve the notice period and second is non-payment of wages which is incentive for Jan and Feb.
Why you did not apply for Leave Without Pay (LWP)? You could have taken 1-2 months LWP and continued with the employment. Anyway, you may make a formal complaint to the labour office of your area. Please carry with you evidence of your employment.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™