Partner - Risk Management
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
+3 Others

My company demands all the employees their original certificates for their December month salary and they can collect the same only when they leave the company. How to get my salary..?
22nd January 2016 From India, Chennai
Employees need to get together and talk to the management.
Retention of original documents is not in order.
Asking for educational certificates for verification is in order, but retaining them till employee leaves the job is not in order.
United effort will be needed to change the management style.
22nd January 2016 From India, Pune
You need to immediately look for another job.
Depending on your financial status and other considerations see if you can resign right away and get away from such a company.
Giving the original certificates to a company to hold against you is a disaster waiting to happen.
Since this requirement was not stated (I assume) when you joined, they can not make it a condition now, unless you agree. So lawfully they can't hold back or refuse your December Salary. However, you may be forced to go to,the labour commissioner if he does not pay
22nd January 2016 From India, Mumbai
I too agree with the opinion of Mr.S.Banerjee. This is not healthy practice. Company can demand the original certificate to verify the documents supplied by the employee at the time of joining. The company no way is right to detain the original certificates of the employees under any circumstances. The intention of the company is nothing but to herrace the employees and to compel them in continuing the services.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant
23rd January 2016 From India, Bidar
""pl take colour xerox copies of your certificates and laminate it and submit the same no body could identify it pl try this way""
Wrong advice.
Just because you are being pressurised to submit original documents ,do not submit fake originals.
25th January 2016 From India, Pune
As Mr.Rao said is cent percent correct. Do not take such steps which not only result your confidence but also you will be liable for disciplinary action against the clause of .........disobedience with the employers business or property...... and proved guilty the consequences may be severe.
Adoni Suguresh
Labour Laws Consultant
27th January 2016 From India, Bidar
Normally photocopying shops will refuse to give colour photocopies of the original documents like degree certificates or mark-lists, marriage certificates / government documents. Unless they rubber-stamp them with the words TRUE COPY.
Do not resort to such devious practices.
Try to give notarized copies of certificates. If that does not work, you will have to resort to looking for another job. Joint representation by all employees can also work.
27th January 2016 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™