sabnet1980I am a graphic designer. I have worked in private companies for over 4 years. My problem is that I am unable to suit myself to the office politics played on me in every places. This resulted in irritation which the other employees had managed to capitalize at opportune moments resulting in further irritation and a feeling of disgust towards my seniors. This is very unfortunate on my part. I usually do not revert back as I am a bit introvert. However, after keeping quiet for longer period and accepting insults from them this way I lose my temper, and out of bitterness in my mind I have the habit of throwing away my work and walking away from the work places. This resulted in me being tagged as a misconducting employee which I had never been able to erase. This is destroying my good working spirit and my enthusiasm to work for any company.
Is their any solution to my problem?
From India, Kolkata
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Process Industry Consultant / Soft Skill
maulik dave@ Subnet1980,
All you need to learn is how you can fit yourself in fast growing competitive environment & corporate culture. Following are few suggestions which can be tried to resolve your issues.
1) Know your & others JD (Job Description), Perform in your KRA's (Key result areas) & see if they are also doing the same.
2) Identify persons who are supportive & behaving good with you. Spend some time with them Like on lunch or after office. Share your problems they will surely help you.
3) As you said your are introvert. I believe you are not talking too much with your colleagues. Please try to interact with others positively about your work. Ask how they can help you in that. Positively praising some one will give sense of help to him/her.
4) Grow your knowledge @ the best, this will make people attracted towards you & they will ask questions about their problem & queries.
5) Keep any communication official. Revert on any case if its related to your KRAs.
6) Ask if something is becoming hurdle & don't let you perform your tasks.
7) Last & not least Start your day with "Good Morning" with good people & End it with "Good Night" .
Its all about positiveness. Because you also need to see your financial obligations & the career. Forget the bed happening around keep your self out of it. Just focus how you can do best & earn best.
Hope this will help.
All the best.
From India, Ahmedabad
I empathize your feelings. It happens to most of us at some time or other and we should do our best to get over it.
Mr Maulik Dave has given sound thoughts for you to work with. Being proactive as suggested by the Management Guru Stephen Covey would certainly help you. There are plenty of postings in Cite HR on this aspect and please go through them.
Essentially the message is to have self-control. Every one faces problems in life. The wise people know how not to react and still behave in a responsible way .As per Covey it is RESPONSE ABILITY. He says that it is a great quality by which a human being chooses his decision with a clear mind. Once you are mentally convinced yourself that you would not react but find other means of tackling the issue,the battle is half won.
The four points advocated by Covey to tackle such nagging issues and choose an “independent will “are
1) Self-awareness - You are already aware of what is what
2) Imagination - With your imagination think of a solution- say a resolve to keep calm
3) Conscience – The capacity to decide what is right or wrong.
4) Independent will – A decision not influenced by those who trouble you.
Please try on all the four aspects and I am sure you will tide over this uneasy period and blunt the tormentors.