1. Your question is not exhaustive and is not clear. You can confirm whether the unit in which an artisan worker is working is either a "factory" or a "shop". You can say whether the unit is manufacturing something or is selling services or goods.
2. A majority of labour laws, to my knowledge, apply to either "factory" or "shop and commercial establishment". To my knowledge there are no separate labour laws applicable exclusively to "artisans".
9th September 2014 From India, Noida
9th September 2014 From India, Visakhapatnam
Thank you for the reply :)
It is related to block printing industry. Are there any specific sites wherein I can get more specific labour laws related to this industry or can we consider this industry coming under the normal scope of other industries?
Any information would be of great help :)
10th September 2014 From India, Bangalore
1. So far as I understand there are specific laws relating to some nature of industries/jobs viz.- Sales Promotion Employees, Working Journalists & Newspaper Employees. But there are no specific laws relating to artisans in a specific block making units in textiles/garments industry. However,you can search the same from internet, if available.
2. I understand that such artisan employees will be coverable under the same laws to which their other fellow employees are covered in any unit. If the unit qualifies as "factory" then all labour laws as are applicable to such "factories" and in case it is "shop and commercial establishment", then all labour laws as are applicable to such units.
3. For example from the notifications of minimum wages as fixed by the appropriate governments, I think, you can find the minimum wages as fixed in respect of artisans/carpenters/casual labour etc. in garments/textile industries/units, if separately classified by the said State Govt..
4. You can search and download various labour laws from the website of Ministry of Labour & Employment, Central Govt. You can also download the other related information and Rules from the websites of Labour Department/Ministry of Labour, State Govt. of Rajasthan.
10th September 2014 From India, Noida