Manager -hr&a
CA Darshan Balai
Chartered Accountant
+3 Others

I am working as HR in a pvt ltd concern. Our employee strength is 25+. What are the essential document to be updated before the labor inspector/ Government professional Visit?
22nd March 2014 From India, Chennai
Dear Friend
First of all the Labur inspector will not visit your unit. But the authority from Inspectorate will come and inspect the unit. U have t show the statutory registers to him
22nd March 2014 From India, Madras
Dear Shassi,
First ensure that you got shop & Est registration, i.e Registration under National & Festivel Holiday Act.,.
Then there are set of registers you need to produce when the labour inspector visits your company.
Kindly call me at 9786686658 or if you need any help.
all the best
23rd March 2014 From India, Madras
Dear Mr. Shasshy,
It seems that the information shared by you with regards to your company is incomplete to be able to give an appropriate advise. On a general note, a host of labour law statutes get attracted when the no of employees exceeds 20 in a private organisation. Each statute requires you to maintain a specific set of registers and do periodical compliance. Some of the statutes that get attracted to your organisation are
1. Provident Fund
2. ESIC (if the establishment falls in the implemented area)
3. Payment of Gratuity Act
4 Payment of Bonus Act
5 Factories Act - if it is a factory as defined in section 2(9)
This is an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list of the applicable statutes to your organisation.
Each of these statutes require you to register with the designated government authority . Therefore, I would advise you to take legal counsel in order to ensure due compliance and proper maintenance of books.
I hope that helps.
24th March 2014 From India, Pune
Dear Shassy12,
Keep at least following
A. Labour
1.Shop & Est registration
1. Form T
2. Form Q and F
3. Wage slip
4. Salary statement
5. Display holiday list
6. Form U
1.Monthly and Annual returns
1.Monthly and half yearly returns
Most of the things are available online of respective dept's website. Do google it.
Happy learning
24th March 2014 From India, Bangalore
If your company is engaged in any kind of manufacturing activity using power, and since the strength is 25+, you come under the purview of the Factories' Act. Therefore, you do not come under the Shops & Estt. Act.
Labour Officer can and will visit your office and ask for documents - Muster Roll, Wage Register, Salary Slip, Inspection Book, etc. and may interview a couple of workers privately (not in the presence of the employer or his representative).
The Inspector of Factories (now Director of Industrial Safety & Health) may also visit and demand for the same set of documents including the Factory Licence.
You can get a complete list of documents required to be maintained from the net.
24th March 2014 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™