Mother Expired & PF Authorities Creating Problem For PF Withdrawal - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Assistant Manager-hrd
R B Yadav
Advocate & Management Consultant On Labour
Accounts Assistant
Watve Ravindra
Recently I Superannuated From Leading Automobile
Hr , Personnel & Admin
+2 Others

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear Sir,
One of our employee whose mother was working in different company died due to hear attack.
Now that employee wants to withdraw the PF because he is the only one nominee for that PF because he is the only son that she has & his father has already expired.
Now PF authorities says that he can not withdraw the PF amount because his mother has worked for 15 years means more than 10 years so she has become eligible for pension.
And he cannot withdraw the pension amount because his age is above 25 years.
now in both the cases he is not getting his own money.
What he should do is their any way out to withdraw the amount.
Please help us because he is still unmarried and just 26 years old & we want to help him.
Arun J[/B].
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi, Family pension is applicable only to the two children of the deceased upto the age of 25 years . In this case as he is more then 25 years so he is Not eligible for pension . Regards Rajeev Dixit
Sir that is my question how he can get the money. please suggest any solution for this. In both cases he is not getting money now what he has to do? Arun J.
You have to fill up Form no 20 for withdrawal benefit for Provident Fund Accumulations, As such the dependent son of the deceased has already crossed 25 years of age he would not be eligible for withdrawal benefit under Employees Pension Scheme, 1995. You have apply for withdrawal of PF accumulations by way of filling Form no 20 and get it signed from the employer, Apart from this if the death of member has occurred while in service the dependent of the deceased will be eligible for EDLI benefit in accordance with provisions of the EDLI Scheme. Please never forget to attached death certificated attested by the employer to claim pf and EDLI accumulations.
R B Yadav
There seem to be a confusion that the pf guys are trying to exploit.
Ther of contribution has 2 parts
First part is the employee contirbution. And the interest on that
That is definately belonging to the nominee and irrespective of what his age is, he will get that money
The second part is what the company is contributing.
Part of that amount goes to the family pension fund,which the nominee will not get as he has crossed the limit. The part of the employer contribution that went to the pf accumulation the nominee can get.
Ask your pf consultant to help him out
They generally have contacts inside the department and can speedily get the money out
dear all seniors dont describe the other benefits please suggest when the claimant cross the limit of 25 year and there is not other younger family member pardeep sharma
The nominee will be eligible for the following benefits
1. PF accumulations
2. Insurance
3. Lumpsum in lieu of pension(Return of capital)
He needs to file form 20 & 10(C) along with the death certificate and family certificate. If he needs any help pl let me know.
Dear, If she is working in different company. She will get only benefit of one PF account. Rest, the boy is eligible for getting both the share of money. WBR Parvez
Let's the member know the claiments mothers different company's service period or different company name. If she was working during here death than her son is liable to get whole amount of PF and pension fund along with Insurance.
Procedure for death claim should be followed. If she was left the amount in other's company than her son can claim both by providing the death certificate if he is the nominee.
The members should know the details of service.
Dear JMK, Please clarify in details in respect of Lumpsum in lieu of pension(Return of capital) Waiting favorable reply & also Mr.Arun J. also needs so far . reg
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™