Professional Tax Rules - CiteHR
Training Operations - Csr
Hr Professional
Korgaonkar K A
+7 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I m on leave & not getting salary for 2 months, should i liable to pay professional tax for those months
Community Prime Sponsors - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
need to pay anything if your not earning.... like esic, pf, tds, Professional tax also. do let me know for more information on the same.
Thanks for your reply
NO I m not getting such benefits like esic, pf, tds in present service.
i am on leave for 2 months but now employer is saying you have to pay two months professional tax in current month
Hi, Ask him where the rule is mentioned as Professional Tax. I do not thinks we should pay, any way here i am attaching the act please go through it.
Dear, If your are not earning anything.. then how shoul you pay PT for the same.. If you are earning Zero for 2 month then you dont have to paid PT over there... Kamlesh
Dear.. PT is calculated on the particular month’s salary u take. If u are taking Zero, how will u calculate the PT. Ask your HR the same. Best Regards Harish Nayak
if are not being paid for an entire month then you are not liable to pay P.Tax under State Law on P.Tax as amended from time to time by the state govt.
Saurabh Shyamsukha
RDB Regent Retail Ltd.
If your are leave & your are not paid for that mean if your leave is without pay that there is no need to pay Professional Tax
Employer used to diduct from salary every month if, employer is not paying salary so can not deduct Professional tax for that month.
Deepali ji,
Any deduction from salary is done from gross earning. Professional Tax is a deduction from your gross earning.
It seems you are from Mumbai. In Maharashtra, you are liable to pay Professional Tax: Nil If your gross earning is up to Rs. 5000/-p.m. Rs. 175/- if your gross earning is from Rs. 5001 to Rs. 10000/- and Rs. 200/- (or Rs. 300/- in Feb) if your gross earning is Rs. 10001/- and above.
I hope, you got the answer to your query.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™