From India, Bhilai
Hi Sougat
Please go to the Bank where the PF Amount was getting Accumulated there the Bank ppl ll issue a form to make Sure the Pensioner is Still present later u ll have to produce this to the PF Office which ur father is marked to withdraw PF amount U ll have to submit form 19,10C

From India, Srinagar
Hi, Sougat,

Don't worry,

Your father has a EPF account that means he was working in company or any organisation through which his PF deducted from his salary and deposited to PF office, please understand that EPF account is maintained by the Provident fund office and not by the Bank, if your father had PPF account in nationalized bank he was depositing funds into bank directly then you must have PPF bank passbook you can show it to Bank officers and complete some formalities you could collect amount,

But in case it is at PF office then you have to fill up form No. 19 and Form No. 10C to PF office through company, company will verify his services and check the records and after signature of employer, forms will goes directly into PF office by the company, PF office also check the record and after checking they will directly transfer the accumulations to the concern bank account directly (it will take 1 to 2 months approximately) from where you can withdraw money.


Sanjay Mulay

From India, Pune
Dear Mr. Sougat18,

What is the age of your father? Which month and year has he resigned/ left the Organization? Didn't he applied for an amount withdrawal after that?

As per the Employees' Provident Fund Act, the PF account is opened to facilitate it as a savings account to the Employee by the Employer under the EPF rule. After 3 months from the date of leaving the company he has to apply for withdrawal or transfer of the account (in case of new employment); orelse the account will be closed or become inactive automatically. The employee cannot activate the EPF account directly.

The best way that he could check on is by filling the form no.19 &10C, with the Employer details and get them signed by the authorised. If that is not possible get the forms signed by any gazetted officer and provide it in the EPFO regional office.

Note If the withdraw of PF is after 12 - 20 years and after; it wud be difficult to locate the records it would be slightly protracted (longer) to receive your PF amount.

From India, Visakhapatnam
Hi friend
if your father is currently working in any establishment which is covered by EPF Act the amount is to be transfered to present EPF A/c No for which you have to fill Form 13(R) through attestation by present and past employer.
If your father wants to withrow the amount he will have to fill Form No 19 & 10C along with identity proof and bank pass book xeros duly counter attested by the establishment in which he worked.
Form 19 is for Provident fund withdrawal
Form 10C is for pension fund withdrawal (Service below ten years)
There is no process to make inoperative to operative a/c.

From India, Mumbai
In continuation of sharmila comments, if there is long gap, your father need to give a justification letter for the delay in claiming. Other wise the forms will not be accepted by the department for process

From India, Raipur
First of all chek with the pf office concerned with the name of the establishment last worked,pf code number,pf number etc.,
Apply for withdrawal in Form 19 and 10C through your father
Apply in Form10D in case your father is more than 58 years of age.
The 2 and 3 can be done only if the account of your father is not settled yet and can be done by getting attestation in the forms as mentioned above, from the Bank manager with whom your father is having savings bank account.

From India, Madras
Dear friend,
Please consult immediately the Provident Commissioner of your State and explain the details. They will inform the detailed procedure to claim your PF amount with interest thereon.
Suri Babu Komakula

From Canada, Calgary
Dear Friends,
I am sorry to point out here that in above all discussions, very basic step has been omitted, and that is if your father was a member in EPF, he must have been ever given statement of account, and if has a last one, it will make you and your father very easy to approach the concerned PRO of EPF Depptt. who will in no time help you come out with your latest account statement if the employer has not provided to you, rest are elaborated above. But to identify your father as a member of EPF, he must have been given account number and statement of account.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Sir, you can make an application in the prescribed format -under section 70 of EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act,1952 enclosing a copy of the Separation Order issued in the name of your father on his separation from the organisation, to the HR department.After due verification, it will be sent to the Finance & Accounts (PF& Pension)Department of the Organisation.You may have to submit additional documents, regarding nomination and delay in applying for withdrawal,which may take some time. Thank You.
From India, Bokaro

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server