HRM - There are only two important parties viz., employee and employer.
IR - These are four important parties viz., employees ,employer ,trade unions and government
HRM - Formulation of objectives ,policies ,procedure and programs of human resources and implement them
IR - The implementation of HRM policies results in IR.
HRM - Reformulates the objectives, policies etc ,based on industrial conflicts which are the outcome of unsound industrial relations.
IR- The sound IR contributes to the organizational goals. The unsound IR result in industrial conflicts demanding for change and reformulation of HRM objectives and goals
HRM - Individual employee contacts with the immediate superior.
IR - Employees contact even the top management as a group.
HRM - Grievance and disciplinary procedures are resorted to, to solve the employee-employer conflicts.
IR - Collective bargaining and forms of industrial conflicts are resorted to ,to solve the problems,
HRM is the overall management of all resources including workers, staff, , executives, Top management and even suppliers and customers. Industrial Relations in practice means the relations between actual work force and management of the organization.. Therefore I am giving below some of the salient features of IR.
· Industrial relations are governed by the system of rules and regulations concerning work, workplace and working community.
· The main purpose is to maintain harmonious relations between employees and employer by solving their problems through grievance procedure and collective bargaining.
· Trade Unions is another important institution in the Industrial relations. Trade unions influence and shape the industrial relations through collective bargaining.
· Industrial relations are the relations mainly between employees and employers.
· These relations emphasis on accommodating other parties interest , values and needs . Parties develop skills of adjusting to and cooperating with each other.
From India, New Delhi
hi cite-write, i was looking for this difference for some time... but evry time i used to forget abt posting it here... thanx a lot.... the description is real gud.... regards, Reena
From India, Mumbai