Hi Team,
I have completed 5yrs in the current organization and continuing in the same, since i completed 5yrs service is it possible to withdraw gratuity amount while in the same company/service and continue in the same organization.
when i asked my HR they said, 'as per GO you will get gratuity amount only when you leave from the organization' - is it true? i need some money as an urgent base so im plng to withdraw my gratuity.
If its possible, i will take my 5yrs gratuity amount and continue in the same organization, then later after 2yrs if i want to leave from orgnization will i get for remaining 2yrs gratuity amount? please reply and help me asap.
Thanks in advance
11th December 2011 From India, Bangalore
No, you can't. Gratuity is the benefit when you are leaving the company the management will pay you along with your final settlement. There is no provision for getting gratuity in between the service.
Regards - kamesh
12th December 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Manucse, Its true as above , you can’t apply for gratuity until you are in company and if you have any urgent means you can apply for PF loan. Consult your HR, they will guide u.
12th December 2011 From India, Madras
Dear Manucse,
Refer to your query on Gratuity, you cannot permitted to receive the benefit under Gratuity in the course of employment after completion of eligibility criteria.Gratuity is payable after completion of 5 years continuous service at the time of leaving from the company on the grounds of Resignation, Retirement, Reaching the age of superannuation, a contract between employee and employer for specific period etc., u/s 4 of PG Act -1971 Rules.
12th December 2011 From India, Bangalore
Gratuity is not your Contribution in any way. It is the liability of the employer as per law and they have to pay it when an employee leaves the Company as a means to express their gratitude for your services for a long period of time.
You have no right to claim it as per your need.
In case you need funds, you can withdraw an amount from your Provident Fund accumulation or a take a loan from PF.
Thanks & Regards,
Avika Kapoor
Kapgrow Corporate Advisory Services Pvt Ltd
13th December 2011 From India, New Delhi
Can I withdraw gratuity after Resign to the company and completion of 11.5 years in a company ...
24th January 2019 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™