Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Industrial Relations

Greetings Friends

As per Rule 78 (1) (a) (ii) ( Maintain a Register of Deductions for damage or loss, Register of Fines and Register of Advances in Form XX, Form XXI and Form XXII respectively ) A contractor who obtains the Labour Licence must maintain the Register of Fines in Form XXI.

Normally these registers are known as NIL Registers and all the contractors are to maintain it, failing which it will be an objection being raised by the Labour Inspector who visits the site.

In case if the Contractor or Principal Employer collects the Fine and made entry on the register, what will be the disposal of the money collected on the name of fine.

What will be the disposal of the Fine duly collected from Workmen or from Sub-contractors?

From India, Kumbakonam
Greetings There are 48 views and no reply. May I expect some suitable reply from our learned members, please..... With warm regards S. Bhaskar
From India, Kumbakonam
Any fine imposed will have to be remitted to the Labour Welfare Fund maintained by the respective state government. Regards, Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur
Thank you Mr. Madhu for your reply. If the Principal employer collects the fine from their contractors (Only contractors who obtained the license has to maintain the Form XX, XXI and XXII as per CL(R&A) Rules, and not the Principal employer), what will be the disposal for that fine duly collected.
Because our Principal employer is collecting the fine from various contractors for simple unsafe acts being done by the Contractors.

From India, Kumbakonam
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™