Hello All,
If my offer letter lists out the breakup of components and then there is a taxation section, that indicates I need to pay my taxes based on the Tax laws.
The company later indicated it pays Income and Profession Tax, so now my concern is would they they pay service tax.
I am not proficient Tax lingo so can Service Tax be assume to be part of Income/Profession Tax or would I need o specifically be told that service tax will be taken care by them or I would need t bill them if I ended up paying it?

From India, Pune
Thanks pon1965. Someone mentioned to me to ask if I will be working as a consultant and I should find out if I will be given a Form 92 or 94 at the end of the year. I believe one of them means Service Tax will be paid by me.
From India, Pune

If you are a salaried employee, you dont need to pay service tax. Only Income tax and professional tax shall be payable by you which shall be deducted by your employer and deposited with the Government.
In case you are working as a consultant, and getting professional fees, you need to pay service tax yourself. The same can be charged to your client in the bills itself. The client shall make payment along with service tax after deducting TDS (Income tax).
Hope this would help you,
Thanks & Regards,
Avika Kapoor
Assistant General Manager - Business Development
Website: Kapgrow

From India, New Delhi
Dear sir,
I am working in an organisation where I get some part as salary and the remining part as consultation fees ( > Rs 10 lakhs annually ). I am paying income tax after preparing balance sheet, P/L account etc. Should I pay service tax as well ?
Can anybody help me out please ?
Hriday K Das

From India, Hyderabad
the scenario given is not clear , you are working as an employee and as a consultant; but this is how?
Can you illustrate your position in the company and the position of the company as the situation given "I am paying income tax after preparing balance sheet, P/L account etc" is confusing?
From the taxation point of view, your gross receipts are more than 10 lakhs therefore required to get a registration number with the department and deposit the service tax at the rate applicable.

From India, Jaipur
75% of the Service Tax amount shall be paid by the company and
the balance 25% shall be paid by the Service Provider. This is
applicable, to cases where the Service Provider is a Proprietor or
a Partnership firm. Not applicable to Pvt. Ltd.
Is there any notification in which that is mentioned that companies are not comes in this notification

From India, Chandigarh

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™