No Tags Found!

pvenugopal07
Dear all,
Hi , i joined one private org. in May 2007 which paid me at 29k per annum.Now i i am about to join new company.But my previous employer doesnt provide me Form 16. If previous employer did not deduct any tax for current financial year.What does the IT rule says in this case if i am ready to pay the Income tax payable what co
uld be the amount i need to pay as IT.
I am about to join the new company having per annum package of about 4.2LPA.

From India, Pune
Arun Kumar Maitra

It is the responsibility of the employer to deduct TDS while paying salary?If it fails to do so, the employee shall be liable to deposit the tax with the Govt.If he complains to the Taxation Authorities, then they will impose penalty upon the defaulting employer.
However, if the employer has deducted TDS but not issuing the TDS certificate, you can lodge a complaint against him to the CBDT through "Public Grievance" cite of GoI.They will take appropriate action against the defgaulting employer.The employer is supposed to issue the certificate within one month from the close of the financial year.
C.A. A.K.Maitra

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.