Hr, Legal Compliance & Er-ir
Mahesh S Patil
Hr Generalist- Statutory Compliance,salary
Hr Manpower Planning
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Sir, I took a labour contract license for 40 members in one factory. I got another contract in different area,in the same state. Is it necessary to takeanother license for the second company.
Dear Unicare, As per Law, Labour licence is project site specific so you have to take another Licence for new work
I agree with Mr.kapil since the establishment and principle employer are different, u need to take another licence
Dear Mr. Mahesh, I have contradictary view with your statement, If Principal Employer is same but site location is different then also we need to get registered under CLA
Having contracts in different locations with one principle employer or principle employers are different for your contracts You Have to get seperate lincene Under Contract Labour Act
+91 9963658111

Yes you have to take other license for contract work at other unit. You have to take Form V from principal employer & other formalties like Work Order,Nature of worke.t.c abinash sinha 9913804007
Yes you are suppose to take a separate License for each Factory separatly and is the need for the principal employer to take License stating his intension to employ number of contractors and manpower proposed to be employed by him at the said factory.
Please take labour contract license, it should not be specific to some company it should general, so you can employee your labour any where you need pls confirm the numbers of workers. My friend has a lobour license he employee in many company with same license( he is into security services).
HR Exe.
Sai Garden

Under the Act, every establishment employing 20 and above persons as contract labour, shall obtain license. The license issued is location, activity and organisation specific. If the additional manpower is required for increased activity with in the license for which it is issued an amendment can be sought by paying prescibed additional fee for increased strength along with amendment to registration of the employer (If the sanctioned no. is less .)
However, seperate licenses are required for differnt contracts.
HC. Subbaramu
HRM & Labour Law Consultant

Hai everyone
Currenmtly in our orgs, we have 2 contractors having 375 employees(175 and 200 each) employed for us.but every month we are having fluctuation like it may increase 400 to g dwn by 350 also. kindly suggest if we shud take approval from LO regardign incresing in employing more employees under contract.What are the obligation and procesdures for principle employer and contactor in case the number of employee need to be increased

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™