Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Jalaj In this situation you are advised to contact the office of Registering & Licensing officer, Contract Labour (R&A) Act of your area & have the knowledge on the subject. Regards, R.N.Khola
From India, Delhi
Dear Rajendra, thank you very much for sharing the info ! ! Can you share details of other labour laws compliances and requirements with the HR community? regards Namitabh
From India, Pune
It is current pratice that My company is issuing form V to sub contractors which i think is not a correct pratice. As per Contract Act, principal employer will issue form V to main contractor. For sub contractors, it is the contractor's responsiblity to issue form V (Pls correct if it is not so)
Pls let me know how I can convince my Management regarding the same and also let me know if there are any legal implications of this.

From India, undefined
Dear Kapil Dev Singh. May I request you to aligan the format you have sent of Annual Return Workmen’s Compensation Act / Rules Regards, Azim
From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr Khola,
My Query is :-
If the contractors obtained the Contract Labour License under CLRA Act, 1970 for providing Security,Housekeeping services to Registered Factory under Factories Act, 1948.
From Compliance Perspective under Employment related Laws
Which Schedule Employment Wages is to be paid by Contractor - Factory under Factories Act OR under Shops Act?
Records & Register to be maintained by the Contractor - Register under Factories Act OR under CLRA Act / Minimum Wages Act.?
A line in reply is appreciated.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Member,

In our opinion you are to pay minimum rates of wages as applicable to the unit where your workers are working. If your workers are working in any of unit covered under the Factories Act, 1948 & simultaneously Minimum Wages Act, 1948 & Payment of Wages Act, 1936 is also applicable then you are to maintain all registers & record relating to these Acts but without duplicacy. In Haryana state under The Haryana Contract Labour ( R&A) rules, 1975 rule 77(d) says that if registers names as muster roll, register of wages, overtime, deduction, fines & advance are maintained under this Act then there is no need of maintaining these registers under Payment of Wages Act & Minimum wages Act. Thus we have to go through all applicable Acts & Rules & maintain registers without duplicacy.



Skylark Associates


Also Sr. VP Labour Law Advisers Association, Gurgaon

, 01244264449

From India, Delhi
Please send me a labour law act documents of relieving charges 1/6th
From India, Meerut

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™