No Tags Found!

sowmi-ra
Hi I have got a new job. I also received an offer letter. I am getting hired for a senior executive post with a salary of Rs. 35000/-P.M.
But still, I faked my salary slip by showing my last salary as 25000RSl. I was getting a much lower salary of 12950/- at the executive level. I accepted the offer. My background verification process is going on. Will they find it as a fake slip? Will I get caught and punished for this? Will the HR take any legal action against me... I made a mistake, but now I am very tense. I don't know how to rectify it. I cant even sleep and swallow food. Highly tensed. Anybody help me in this. How to overcome this. Any suggestions, Please?

Madhu.T.K

Certainly Yes, the HR shall pack you when he comes to know that the declaration of last drawn salary is wrong and you had forged documents. Forgery is a serious misconduct and if you have done it with a previous company document which is produced as an evidence to consider for a higher initial pay, you will not be kept in service. Regret to say that there is no way out and this is going to get reflected through out your career.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Hi Sowmi,
I understand that you're feeling anxious about the situation. It's important to note that providing false information, such as a fake salary slip, during the hiring process can have serious consequences. I cannot condone or encourage dishonesty in any professional setting. However, I can offer some suggestions on how to handle the situation moving forward:

Reflect on Your Actions:
Understand the gravity of the situation and acknowledge that providing false information during the hiring process is not ethical.

Contact the HR Department:
Consider reaching out to the HR department, admit the mistake, and provide the correct information. Explain the reasons behind your actions and express your remorse. It's better to come clean rather than letting the background check reveal the inconsistency.

Apologize and Explain:
Apologize sincerely for the mistake and explain the circumstances that led to your actions. Be honest and transparent about why you felt compelled to provide inaccurate information.

Offer to Rectify the Situation:
If possible, offer to provide any additional documentation or information required to validate your qualifications and experience. This may help demonstrate your sincerity in correcting the error.

Be Prepared for Consequences:
Understand that there may be consequences for your actions. The company might choose to take disciplinary action, which could range from a reprimand to termination, depending on their policies and the severity of the situation.

Learn from the Experience:
Use this situation as a learning experience. Understand the importance of honesty and integrity in professional settings, and commit to maintaining these values in the future.

Honesty is crucial in building trust and maintaining a professional reputation. While it's essential to address the situation promptly, keep in mind that the outcome may vary based on company policies and the severity of the misrepresentation. If in doubt, consider seeking legal advice from a professional to understand potential implications in your specific situation.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.