Preets
I was told that my last working day is Jan 5 2024, and I shared a simple email that it is 5/1/2024. It was a termination, the HR said. But they didn’t provide any termination letter on this day. When I asked, they said it would be shared. I don’t know when. Usually, the termination should carry a letter stating the reason for termination, right?
Show cause was issued in July 2023.
Will it be shared after FNF?
-the termination was due to dual employment in the past.

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

You know the reason for termination. It was your dual employment in the past. Then why should you get a termination letter showing the reason for termination? It is good if the reason is not mentioned because a termination letter with reason would cause stigma to you and there is no use of it. Just ignore the letter. But ensure that you get a relieving letter which shows that you have been relieved.

Now there is a failure of procedure in your case. You were issued a show cause notice. You should have responded to the notice also. Then what happend? There should be some further communication, like informing you that your dual employment is a misconduct and therefore, you are going to be terminated. There should also be a letter informing you the decision of the appointing authority that your service would be terminated and if you need to give any reply please show cause why your service should not be terminated. Without these steps, if the HR is terminating you, the termination will not be valid. You can challenge the termination before the appropriate authority. BUT do you want to defend it? Even if you defend the authority will only say that there is a procedure lapse and therefore, complete the procedure but will not entertain in the decision of termination. The reason for termination should be concealment of facts and that could be proved. If you move legally, you will agains lose your career.

One more thing connected with dual employment is that for any employer what matters is whether the employee is emplayable or not. If he is fit to our requirement, nobody would unearth the past. In your case also the employer had taken more than six months just to see whether you are fit for the organisation and the real reason for termination is not dual employment but they do not need you and for the sake of saying some reasons they are saying that you have dual employment. If that is the reason, they should have terminated you right in June or July 2023.

From India, Kannur
Preets
For the show cause notice issued, I gave a clear explanation that I worked for an educational institution full time and gained freelance experience also. Since freelance experience is relevant to field, I showed that as experience since the company gave experience letter considering my tenure. I was able to move to previous 3 companies with the relevant experience. Here, they denied that even though it was relevant, they concluded the call saying I worked for an organisation full time.( I never knew the same Uan num can be used for current industry also. I said my pf was closed. So the company at that time created a new pf account. Recently I came to know that same Uan should be used. )They just ok at the discussion and disconnected the call. They didn’t issue any reply after that for the show cause email. My client didn’t release me at first during November as they needed them. In December my manager told me through WhatsApp that my last day will be Jan 5. Onboarding manager jus dropped an email that my lwd will be 5th. Also asked me to surrender all client materials and I did. And yesterday they didn’t issue any termination letter or anything.
When I asked hr, they said it will be shared. I don’t know when.

From India, Chennai
Preets
Should I ask them for the exact termination reason? Will it help? Or again they will corner me ? All these things they got to know since someone posted in linked in and some social sites. (That person is from freelance offered company)
From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

It is very clear that there are lot of procedure lapses on the part of the management. Having more than one UAN is not a serious misconduct on the ground of which an employee shall be terminated. In many cases it would be the employer responsible for creating UANs. In your case also, you were ignorant that the same UAN could be used whenever you change employment. An employee having worked in two establishment during the same period before he joined the present establishment cannot be a burden for the employer. That is the case. But how can we fight against it? Termination can be challenged but why should we challenge the termination? Just to send a message that the employer cannot just terminate an employee. Yes. That is good. But what we gain? We will get reinstated but that will be for technical background, that the employer has failed to follow the procedures to be followed before terminating an employee. Obviously, he will again issue a show cause notice with a charge that you had concealed some facts about your previous employment and asking you to explain why action could not be taken against you. Then you would be stuck.

Therefore, I think it is better to leave the issue. As they said, they would issue you a relieving letter in due course. Let us see what is written in it. If required, you can meet the HR person there and ask for a service certificate which do not mention that the service was terminated. You can also offer to resign based on which they can relieve you and issue a service certificate showing that you left the organisation at will. Now, if the institution is so adamant that they did mention that your service was terminated then we should take a call legally.

From India, Kannur
Preets
Thanks for your kind help and time. I’m waiting for the termination letter from the organisation and once I receive it, will provide an update on this. Thank you so much Madhu.
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.