No Tags Found!

goalconflicted92
Dear Members,
I have a query that has been creating inner conflicts - need your help.

in the year 2017 jun - 2017 nov, I had joined a company as a content manager, However I was laid off from the company with proper experience letter.
After that - I worked for organizations that did not give me any PF, because I worked at startups (less than 25 employees).
until 2020.
from 2020- I started getting normal PF until today 2023.
Also - in 2020 I got to know, that the company in 2017 is now PERMANENTLY CLOSED and SHUTDOWN, due to some issues whatsoever (sold out).

Can I extend my experience, from 6 months to 2 years, let us say : 2017 Jun to 2019 Feb,,,

Note : 2017 Nov - was the exit date on the PF, however company got shut down,
So , can I tell them that company got RESTRUCTURED, and I opted out of PF after Nov 2017 if in case I am caught in future?

Because that company is shut down still any background check would happen regarding PF? I hope i was able to explain my query.

Thanks in advance.

From India, Kolkata
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Better refrain from doing so. Your past Employer relieved you by Nov,2017 with proper experience cum relieving letter confirming your employment with them for the period Jun,2017 to Nov,2017. For your 6 months stint with that company they should have deducted PF along with UAN number. In that case if your future employer goes for verification there are chances of they get update about your past history. Also though your past company is permanently closed some how through some source if current employer comes to know about actual facts then you will be in trouble. So better present what is fact and avoid presenting fictitious employment history.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

In the first company you worked only for a few months, say 6 months, right? Then how can you make it to cover your second company experience? Didn't that company (second one) give you ex[reince certificate? If there was no PF, you can openly say that the second company was a small company with less than 20 (not 25) employees and therefore, they were not covered by EPF then but when the number of employees became 20, they covered me from the date of coverage of EPF & MP Act to the company. Wht is wrong in giving this real explanation?
From India, Kannur
goalconflicted92
Dear Madhu Sir,

Thank you for your response. Yes, the reason behind - planning to extend this 6 months experiences, (jun 2017 - Nov 2017),

After getting released, I joined at a lesser compensation (without PF) 2018-2019, again further dropped my package, from 2019 to 2020 ( again without PF)..

Now, nobody is realising my hard work (package from 2017), and every one has been giving hikes based on current.

Hence I wanted to delete off the 2018 to 2019 experiences, (since it is creating an issue with stability a lot),

hence, can I say, that Jun 2017 to feb 2019, I worked, but I opted out from PF on November 2017, as the company was less than 20 employees, and I worked? (because anyhow the company is now closed, due to business issues)

Thanks a lot @madhu Sir.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

I will not advise any falsification in the experience letter.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.