No Tags Found!

priyanka-vishwakarma4629162
Hello, My boss fired me on behalf of low performance and he knows very well that I have been pregnant for 7 months but still he is doing this... can he do this?
From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Hope you had informed your Employer about the Pregnancy. Employer cannot terminate an employee during pregnancy even if the reason for termination is due to low performance. It is against law.
From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Priyanka,
it is illegal to terminate an employee based on pregnancy. This is typically protected under laws related to pregnancy discrimination or maternity leave. However, specific laws and protections can vary depending on your location.

You should consult with a legal professional who is familiar with the labour laws in your jurisdiction. They will be able to provide you with advice and guidance based on the specific details of your situation.

Keep in mind that it's important to document any interactions or communications related to your termination, as this could be useful if you decide to pursue legal action. Additionally, you may want to consider seeking advice from a local employment rights organization or union, if applicable, this information is not legal advice, and it's always best to consult with a qualified legal professional for advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
ssushr

If you are employed in Maharashtra, you may file an appeal to the competent authority i.e. Commissioner of Labour having office in Bandra Kurla Complex in the Form 5 attached
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Forms for claiming maternity benefits and appeal.pdf (399.6 KB, 13 views)

PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Hi,
Your employer can't terminate at whims. The performance apraisal is not a valid or legal criteria for termination of employment. Your posting gives an impression that your Boss is a foolish performer.
The employee needs to inform the employer about her pregnancy with the medical reports in support. If you have informed your Pregnancy prior to termination is illegal & void. Because the acts prevents Employer for terminate an employee during her pregnancy.
You need to challenge this before the Labour Office in your official jurisdiction. Nowadays people preferring to send their complaint to PMO for the solution and intervention too.

From India, Mumbai
Voipitunion

In respective state, you may file an appeal to the competent authority i.e. Commissioner of Labour having office

Form 22 document to claim maternity benefits.

In respective state, you may file an appeal to the competent authority i.e. Commissioner of Labour having office

Form 22 document to claim maternity benefits.

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.