No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi All,

I have joined a company 3 months back and due to some issues i have decided to leave ,i have got an offer from my previous company , i have just resigned in my current company and asked them to relive in 1months , but my HR , L1 & L2 not accepting and asking me to serve complete notice period , and my new company is not ready to wait for 2months .

I'm currently serving notice period which is for 60 but I want to get relieved earlier by 1Month, i.e by serving 32 days notice. I'm ready to pay notice period amount but my employer is not ready for that.

the T&C in the offer letter says :-

Notice Period: Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the Company, in its sole discretion, may
terminate your employment without cause by giving 60 Days notice in writing or payment of pro rata 60
Days Basic Salary, in lieu thereof. Likewise, you may resign from employment without cause by giving 60
Days notice in writing or by payment of pro rata 60 Days Basic Salary, in lieu thereof. In the event of your
resignation, the Company in its sole discretion will have an option to accept the same and relieve you
prior to the completion of the stipulated notice period of 60 Days, without any pay in lieu of the notice
period.

So, in this case if the employer is not ready to release before 60days and not accepting to take back the notice period amount, what shoud I do ?

I have to join my new company in 1month .

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

My observation is you shouldn't have committed one month notice with the new employer when you know well that notice is 60 days. These are common terms.

Also any employer recruits candidate with a hope to have long term relationship whereas you decided to quit within 90 days. While resignation is your choice, whether to accept partial notice as money or not is employer's choice.

Please be patient try for negotiation with current employer if it doesn't work complete the notice period and get relieved properly.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.