No Tags Found!

anuradhagrewal

Hi, My query is regarding the recruitment of senior positions. We are in the process of recruiting senior-level positions in the company.
The people who are shortlisted and most probable to join have close to 17-20 years of work experience.
My query is that when we recruit such senior position employees should we ask for their work experience certificates of how many prior jobs.
As a practice, I would like to know what is the practice followed by my peers and what all documents do you collect when you recruit for such a senior position.
Awaiting your kind considerations. Thanks a Lot.

From India, Mumbai
Kritarth Consulting

Senior Level Jobs Applicants, include Past Work Expeiences, generally accurately. The info shared by such Applicants are verifiable durng Interactions with Interview Boards/Commitee. I came across No instance when the Seniors furnished false Info to get into next Assignment elewhere.
In any case, Interview Sessions are opportunties to know each other.
Harsh K Sharan, XLRI Alumnus,
Management Caretaker, Spl Educator, PoSH Programs
Kritarth Consulting

From India, Delhi
anup.abraham
Hello Anuradha,

As a recruitment manager/in charge, it becomes your job to make the recruitment process as standard as possible across the organization, however if the employee who is being hired is going to form a part of the senior management but you haven't played any part in his/her recruitment, , then request the hiring manager to collect and maintain the documents (to maintain standardization as well as parity)

About asking about past work experience certificates etc - its good to have a "candidate information form" or a "new joiner form" that you can share with the new employee and request to fill, basis this, you can collect all the documents to cross verify.

Easiest method is to outsource it to a reference check organization of repute, who will help/assist in background verification.

There are many document checklist and on-boarding documents available on the cite-hr forum

Regards,

Anup

From India, Mumbai
anuradhagrewal

Thanks Harsh
Thanks Anup
Hence I am of this view that if say a senior position is recruited I shall take his relieving letters of last 3 companies.
Kindly let me know your views if this is the right practice.
Thanks
Anuradha

From India, Mumbai
rkn61

You can collect the relieving letter of his previous employer (last company). There is absolutely nothing awkward in collecting experience certificates from a candidate identified for a senior position. In fact you can collect all documents which substantiate the information supplied by him in his Employment Application form.
Thanks

From India, Aizawl
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Madam,
In my view, it is very sound HR practice to collect all documents relating to the past experience in case of recruitment at all senior level positions without exception. In particular, relieving letter from all the past employers.
This will enhance the tranceperency and credibility of the candidate apart from helping interviewers greatly in assessing the suitability.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.