No Tags Found!

nanoyesudoss
Hi, I am working in a Society as a Manager - HR. I have joined recently. Before I joined this society, the Management has recruited one Engineering graduate for a Trainee position. After I joined, I have implemented the rules that before recruiting the staff for a certain position, the staff must complete their degree. Then I came to know that the Trainee who has joined earlier has some arrears and he didn't complete his degree. But He is a hard worker and a very sincere person. So we had given him a chance to complete his arrears in this semester (2020). But he has completed his one-year probation on February 2020.

Is it possible to confirm him without completing his degree? If we confirm him what will be the procedures. Will he be eligible for other benefits like promotion, Bonus, LTA, etc?

From India, Chennai
rkn61

If your company policy allows only a graduated person as employees, then it is not correct to
confirm your trainee appointment. But, this should have been checked and ascertained at the time of his engagement as trainee. Now there is no point in telling, because an action (in organizational scenario) once performed cannot be reversed. (It is only in film shooting that re-takes are possible. In real life situation only one take is possible)
Since he has already been appointed and on probation, you can extend his probation for certain period (at the discretion of management) till he clears all his backlog in Degree examination.
After completion of his degree you may confirm his services in your company.

From India, Aizawl
nanoyesudoss
Thank you so much for your reply. We do not have mentioned anything in the HR Manual that society will recruit only graduates.We have informed them orally.Will it cause any problem in future?.
From India, Chennai
rkn61

Generally speaking recruitment policy of any company/society are managed and controlled by
the designated person(s) in a firm. They can change the norms, amend or alter or modify any
clause in the appointment of an employee.
My opinion is that just for recruiting an undergraduate person in the rolls of the firm, there
will not be any legal ramification for you.

From India, Aizawl
Your Friend

If Employee is sincere and hardworking and joined before implementation of policy then confirmation should be given rather than increasing probation period. One year probation period itself is a long duration.
Further you can put a clause that as and when he completes the degree he will be eligible for bonus, promotion etc. depend on your company policies and management approval.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.