No Tags Found!

info@samaveshmfi.com
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings.
I am R R Peri from Varanasi.
While communicating about wages payable under Minimum Wages Act amounts payable are bifurcated into two categories viz. Basic Pay and Dearness Allowance and the total amount payable is also mentioned therein.
I hope that some will concur that the nature of works in different organizations is different and accordingly appointments are to be made and allocate duties as per requirements of organization.
I need a clarification from HR experts/colleagues as to whether besides paying the basic pay as prescribed in Minimum Wages Circular is it necessary to mention "DA" in salary slip specifically or the amount earmarked for Dearness Allowance can be paid in different other heads (just like conveyance allowance, statutory bonus etc.) thereby fulfilling the total amount payable to a particular category of employees.
Please guide in this regard.
Regards
R R Peri

From India, New Delhi
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear colleague,
As per minimum wages act/ rules , the wages include basic and special allowance(DA).
Therefore , you cannot pay the amount of DA under any other head specially with a view to
deprive him of benefits like HRA, bonus , gratuity, PF and such other applicable payments for which DA is considered as a component.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant

From India, Mumbai
P k. Hariharan

The wages and D A must be shown separately in Salary statements. The total of wages and D A will be the base for calculating bonus.
From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.