No Tags Found!

manjula-sanjay
Dear All, I am Manjula working as HR in a company i have a doubt regarding the PF deduction for a reliever employee an employee works for 6 days a month as a reliever what is the rate of PF to be deducted is it 12% on her basic + DA or Gross - HRA amount kindly give clarification regarding this it's help me lot
From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Whatever PF already deducted the same process to follow on 6 days earnings.
From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

The same rate of PF of 12% of basic + DA as is deducted from the other employees will apply for a reliever who works for a day also.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Hi Manjula,
The Provident Fund (PF) deduction is typically calculated as a percentage of an employee's Basic + Dearness Allowance (DA). The current standard rate for PF deduction in India is 12% of the employee's Basic + DA. This is the employee's contribution to the PF.

It's important to note that the employer also contributes an equal amount to the employee's PF account, making the total contribution 24% of the Basic + DA.

HRA (House Rent Allowance) is not considered for PF deduction. PF is based on the basic wages and dearness allowance, if any.

Therefore, in the case of a reliever employee working for 6 days a month, the PF deduction would still be based on 12% of their Basic + DA for those days.
PF deduction=(Basic+DA)× 12/100

Make sure to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to ensure accurate and lawful deductions. If there are specific guidelines or exemptions for reliever employees in your organization, it's advisable to consult with your company's finance or legal department for further clarification.Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.