No Tags Found!

gurkhashankar
Dear All, I would like to know, as per Factory Act, An adult worker is entitled to 1 day of earned leave for every 20 days of service. In 20 Days, Weekly-off is including or excluding? Pls Help.
From India, Vadodara
ajaykusmunda@gmail.com

For every adult, one day for every Twenty Days of work performed by him during the previous calendar year. It means week offs is excluded only physical attendance should be counted.
From India, Bagholi
manojkamble

HI, You need to consider only physical presence of the employee and not weekly off or leave / absence.

saiconsult

waiting to hear more views on this issue. B.Saikumar,HR & Labour relations Advisor,Navi Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Prashant B Ingawale

waiting to hear more views on this issue. B.Saikumar,HR & Labour relations Advisor,Navi Mumbai - ---???
Sai Sir,
If the Act itself is pretty clear for physical presence only then how we can expect more views on the same?

From India, Pune
saiconsult

Hi Prashant Very much agree with you. B.Saikumar HR & Labour Relations Advisor Navi Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Gopikrishnachevvu

Hi seniors and dignitaries, I agree with you all and awaiting for more views. EL should be calculated only for physical presence of the worker.
From India, undefined
nathrao

The Factories Act provides provision on weekly rest. Workers are generally entitled to at least 24 hours of weekly rest on the first day of the week, i.e., Sunday. The weekly rest period is reckoned as a paid time.
20 days includes weekly off to my mind

From India, Pune
saiconsult

I would like to go with Nathrao's views that weekly off shall be included in computing earned leave or PL since it is statutorily provided as a day of rest with wages after six days of working and is part of the actual service rendered by an employee or workman.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Relations Advisor
Navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.