No Tags Found!

vaithyanathan-veerappan
According to the pressure vessel act, does the drying cylinder come under the pressure vessel act, actually in the drying cylinder, steam is given as an inlet and condensate water is taken out as an outlet, here we are not controlling the pressure with any valves, it is just a running process to dry, so in this case which is applicable?
It is a simple drying process where the steam is generated from the boiler.
Please give me a reply, sir.

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

Yes, it will come under pressure vessel.
I don't know if there is any Pressure Vessel Act but the Factories Act has provided that all equipments using pressures used in the factory shall be checked for its fitness periodically. That includes even a spray painting devise.

From India, Kannur
saswatabanerjee

There is no pressure vessel act, as far as I know.

Whether the drying cylinder is a pressure vessel in factory act depends on whether there is any pressure built or used in it. If you are just passing steam, it would not be the case, but without seeing the machinery, it's difficult to say. The Boiler is definitely a pressure vessel along with the piping.

I suggest you get a Chartered Engineer (Authorised person under factories act) to check and give a report on whether it comes under pressure vessel under factories act.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

HI Vaidhyanathan,

Based on the information provided, it seems that the drying cylinder may not fall under the pressure vessel act since the pressure is not being controlled with any valves and it is simply a running process to dry. However, it would be advisable to consult with a legal expert or relevant authority to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Additionally, it is important to consider the specific details of the process and any other relevant factors that may impact its classification.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
vaithyanathan-veerappan
Can someone clearly give me the answer, this type of drying containers are used in textile and paper mills
From India, Chennai
vaithyanathan-veerappan
Please refer this attachment of unfired pressure vessel
From India, Chennai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg IMG-20240112-WA0002.jpg (84.5 KB, 2 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.