neer82

Sir I am working in a Pvt ltd co. I was selected on off payrole in Feb 2010.After 6 month I was on payrole of a company but I was not gvn any offer letter but my salary is credited to my act directly from company acct.
Now I got a chance in New company and they are offering me a huge salary my notice period was 15 days when I joined my co.I have to join new co on 12 Dec 12.I submited my resignation letter on 26 Nov 12.,but my co is saying me to serve a 01 month notice as I am onrole now I have to serve one kbt notice period,but I don\'t have any offer letter it was my mistake I did not ask it as my co never deducted any money of mine from any month salary and I am the only employee in Kolkata operating frm my house and reports everyday by mail to head office.My new co is saying to join me as earlier ad possible I was unaware that my notice period is of one month.Sir what shall I do now.inform me.

ashna212001
Hi,
You will have to server the notice . The best solution to reduce the notice period is ask the HR to adjust the pending paid leaves against the notice period & the rest can either be served or paid off.
Regards
Ash

From India
saswatabanerjee

Legally, they never informed you of notice period and you can claim they were aware that it was communicated to you as 15 days. However, leaving the company in a dispute or with a negative note is not a good idea. They will create a problem in future in case of a background check.
You have 2 options :
1. Tell your new company that you need another 15 days of optics period. They will probably agree
2. Tell your existing company you want to be relieved early and are will to buy out notice if they want.
Promise to give whatever help you can to whoever will join in your place later, including handover and perhaps taking him to clients u service, etc

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.