No Tags Found!

vishal9854
what gratuity shoud be paid to a person who completed 10 years in work but attened 200 days in the 7th year then who many years gratuity should be paid to him?
From India, Calcutta
vishal9854
what gratuity shoud be paid to a person who completed 10 years in work but attened 200 days in the 7th year then for who many years gratuity should be paid to him?
i.e. 10 years or (10-1)years
please help me at the first u can sir/mam

From India, Calcutta
calligrapher11

Dear friend, see the payment of gratuity act first, ask your seniors in your organisation, with regards, shivendra
From India, Gurgaon
abbasiti

Dear Vishal,
If one has 200 days out of 365 days (due to the mistake of employee), the service will be accounted accordingly. i.e. If he has 10 years' service, the service for gratuity will be 9.548 yrs which will be rounded up as 10 years.
Hence he is entitled to get a gratuity amount of 10x15/26xsalary.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
bunti

Good Morning to evryone If there is less than 240 days in a accorting year so it is right to employer gratuaty be deduct from that particulat year... Thanks Regards Bunti
From India, Velluru
R.N.Khola

Dear Bunti,
In my opinion under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 we are to consider the 'completed year of service' which means continuous service of one year. We are not to consider accounting year. For continuous service one must go through section 2A of this Act.
[SIZE=2]R.N.Khola

[COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=Verdana]

From India, Delhi
gobinda samanta
Dear Vishal,
200 days shall be treated as 1 yr as this part is in excess of 6 months ie. 0.548 yr ''provided that it is not due to any fault of the Employee'', this is as per Sec 4, Sub sec 2 of Payment of Gratuity Act , 1972.
So, the Employee is eligible for Gratuity of 10yrs.
Hope it is clear.

From India
p.itikirala
Dear abbas,
can i know the detail calculation i meen what basis u gave this calculation. even me too want to know abt this as i dnt 've any one in my hr department. i am the only person in hr depatmrnt in our company. 10x15/26xsalary.

From India
Sivesh_chauhan

Dear Vishal,
He will get 10 years of gratuity as far as my knowledge is concerned until and unless he was suspended in 7th year i.e. when he attended only 200 days of service from the company side.
Regards
Kumar Sivesh

From India, New Delhi
abbasiti

Dear P. Itikirala,
For gratuity calculation, the formula is Number of years of service x last drawn salary x15 /26.
1. Number of years of service : If the service comprises of completed years and a fraction of year, the fraction has to be rounded to full year. i.e. If the fraction is 6 months or below, it will be rounded down. And if it is above six months, it will be rounded up.
2. Last drawn salary : Practically it is advisable to take average salary of preceeding twelve months.
For eg : Let the service as 26 years and salary as Rs. 20,000.
Gratuity calculation is = 26 x 20000 x 15/26 = 3,00,000.
Note : Now the ceiling limit for gratuity is Rs. 10,00,000. But if employer wish, he can give above Rs. 10,00,000. But as per section 10(10) of Income Tax Act, tax exemption is limited to Rs. 10,00,000.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.