No Tags Found!

Sanjeev.Himachali

Roma, the different types of leaves that an employee can avail. How many leaves he can avail....etc etc....these are very basics...which every HR person even though at entry level...should know.
Secondly, when you do not anything...and you seek information...you should be humble and ready to accept knowledge...someone should not behave the way he did..."I don't know X, Y, Z things....kindly send thins on my e-mail ID...this is my email ID". One should atleast know, how to learn and how to seek knowledge.
Regards
Sanjeev Himachali

From India, Mumbai
emilmaria
Hi all, When an employee can avail EL??? After getting confirmation or after the completion of one year???? Please clarify my doubt!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

deepak_dwivedi9

Dear All,
I hope this discussion will continue. As per the Shop & establishment Act:
1. 15 paid Leave is granted for an employee, if he/she completes 240 days in a year.
2. This may also be calculated on prorate basis, say after completion of four month, employee will be eligible for 5 days Paid leaves.
3. A company has rights to grant these Paid leaves, after probation period or start from the day, but incase of probation, the period should not be more than a year.
Please make me correct, if I am wrong...
Note : Here mentioned facts are based on Shop & Estableshment Act falling in Delhi/NCR areas.

From China
nilendrachand

Dear All,

I really see a lot of reply in Cite HR and Queries that are really silly to me. I guess most of the persons working in HR department must have done MBA in HR. During this course you must have read various acts which explain most of the things.

Most of the reply that i see here is not accurate, i.e., based on individual whims and fancies. Why this. pl read books. dont always look for readymade answers.

Someone said that all cos. in delhi is covered under Shops and Establishment Act. Does all know what is Shops and Establishment Act and what is its applicability?

For information purpose, one department of the same premises can be covered under Shops and Establishment Act and other under Factories Act.

I agree with Sanjeev that basic study should be done before asking for answers.

EL/PL is earned. you earn this leave not by joining a company but by working there. Both Shops and Establishment Act and Factories Act has provision for it. pl read it.

Normally PL is given as a ratio of no. of days worked. During probation, normally all company gives a fixed quota of leave which can be availed till an employee becomes eligible for PL/EL.

This much is enough hint. now pl read books for further clarification. Learn things hard ways and not easy ways.

Regards,
Nilendra

emilmaria
Nilendra Cite HR is all about sharing ur knowledge If you are not ready to help or share your views ...then I would suggest better not to comment ....

tsivasankaran

Availing Leave is nothing to do with Confirmation I agree with Abishek Go thryu the relevant Act applicable In this case Delhi Shops and Est Act Siva
From India, Chennai
jogendra
Can any one letme know regarding if company declared holiday or public goliday falls in between EL'S. Then shall we count that holiday as EL's or Holiday saparately. For eg.
eg. 1 2 3 4 5 6----Date
EL EL H EL EL EL
or
eg. 1 2 3 4 5 6----Date
EL EL EL EL EL EL
Regards
JOGENDRA

From India, Hyderabad
Sharmishtha chakraborty
Hi members,
I am working as an HR in an IT Company. Till now, there is no firm Leave policy here. Presently, all confirmed employees are entitled to 2.5 days leave against every month from the month of confirmation which can go upto a maximum of 30 days leave. Employees are getting cash benefits at the end for march for any unavailed leave. Moreover, they also get leave or cash benefits for working on holidays and Sundays.
Now, I would like to design a suitable Leave policy.
1) Please tell me the difference between a) Privileged leave and earned leave,
b) Sick leave and medical leave.
2) Which type of leaves tend to lapse if not availed in time.
3) For which type of leaves should the employees get the cash benefits.
4) What should be the number of leaves all total ?
Thanks
Sharmishtha

From India, Ghaziabad
shakir_ceragem
I want to know How many days is earned leave for an multinational company. How this is calculated. How his leave is deducted on taking leave Urgent
From Bangladesh
P.K.Mishra

Earn Leave as per factories act 1 for every 20 days and it can be availed after 240 days , this is bare minimum legally required ,comapny can give more as per their leave rules. P K MISHRA
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.