No Tags Found!

suresh7sharma

Hi,
It depends upon the companies policy whether the company is willing to allow an employee to avail PL on prorata basis. Actually during probation some of the companies do not allow employee to take leave and afetr confirmation an employee can avail CL and SL. But as far as PL is concerned only after completion of 240 days of working an employee is allowed to do so.
Well the management can extend the facility of PL after completion of probation period on pro rata basis.
Suresh

From India, Jaipur
srikanths
Hii Prachi,

The same thing happened with me also. I joined a company which became a limited company on 1st April 2007. There was no HR dept when i joined. I am supposed to introduce everything frm scratch. You can just see what are all the employee benefits also at the same time. If the benefits are very less for employees then you can give them the earned leave from the date of joining. Else it depends from case to case. In some cases, employees are eligible to take earned leave after 1 year. In some cases, after the confirmation of the employee. In my company I have introduced as that an employee can take earned leave after confirmation. You just give either 15 EL, 7 days CL and 8 days SL or 18days PL, 6 days CL and 6 days SL. total should come to 30 days. See what is happening in your case and accordingly you can give the employees leaves. But leaves are given in prorata basis frm the date of joining. I have introduced as the leave cycle starts frm 1st April, beginning of financial year and not 1st Jan. Pls revert back in case of doubts. Thank you,

Regards

Srikanth

From India, Bangalore
sylviafrancis
Hi Prachi
Our HR Policy does not allow any leave benefit to start until after the completion of the mandatory 3 months probation.
Any leave taken during the probation period is considered leave without pay. After probation, the leave is pro-rated. As of now, we provide the following types of leave:
Annual Leave: 17 working days with only 5 days carry over into next CY
Sick Leave: 12 working days with no carry over into next CY
Maternity Leave: 140 calendar days
Paternity Leave: 5 working days
Emergency Leave: 5 calendar days
Sylvia Francis
Asst. Country Director
CARE Tajikistan

Tripti Bhatt

Hi Members,
Currently we have only 18 leaves in a year & employee has to earn 1.5 days of leave in a month. We do not have any leave category.
We are also revising the Leave Policy. As I understand that as per Bombay Shop establishment Act companies should give mandatory 21 days of leave. Is that right?
If 21 days are mandatory what is the distribution as in how many PL, SL
Do share with me inputs
Thanx,
Tripti

bjpani

Hello Namrata,
May I know from your end in respect of statutory leave i.e. PL (Paid Leave) , SL (Sick Leave) , EL (Earned Leave) , or CL (Casual Leave) to be granted in favour of the employees working at the industrial sector/ pvt. sector. Can you elaborate in detail the no. of leaves to be sanctioned for diff. category of leaves ? I just want to know whether the no. of leaves for diff. categories differs from organization to organization or it's fixed for every organization as per industrial laws ? Also, I may be obliged by making me know the no. of leaves for diff. categories allowed at the govt. sector. Also I may be made clear the leave calendar starts from when? Is it from 1st January to 31st December or from 1st April to next 31st March ?Thanks & hope to receive any reply asap.
With regards,
[Biswajit Pani]
E-mail ID :

From India, Bhubaneswar
Sanjeev.Himachali

Well, as the title itself implies...first you need to earn those leaves and then only you can take. Even as per the Factories Act, 1948...a person first need to work for atleast 240 days, before proceeding for "Earned Leaves".
However, in the process to retain employees...companies do allow the employees to take "Earned Leaves" after the "completion of Probation Period".
I hope this will clear your doubt.
Even fresh HR's need to have clarity of basics.
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma

From India, Mumbai
prachi_jain

Hi members!
Thanks a ton for your valuable inputs. The inputs given and the discussions in beteewn few members of the group have given me a deeper insight to the issues.
Thanks again for your valuable inputs.
Keep posting queries and other data.....
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prachi

From India, Delhi
athadurajan@rediffmail.com

Hi to all
This is Rajan. I dont understand wat u all speaking...... as everybody r saying differently,,,,,,,,, nobody is alike.... I am pretty confused..
Can anybody clearup the doubts
1. How many kind of leaves r there?????/
2. Is they differ from industry to industry?????/
3. Peryear how many leaves will be there for employees at diff levels????????
Plz send these ditails to urwithrajan@gmail.com
Thnking u alll
Rajan

From India, Hyderabad
Sanjeev.Himachali

Ranjan...have to done your MBA? Have you cared to read Factories Act, 1948? Since how long are you in this profession Don’t behave like an uneducated person. Regards Sanjeev Sharma
From India, Mumbai
Roma111
Sanjeev
Does it mean that if an individual is not an MBA ,he or she is uneducated.....??????
I guess Citehr is al about sharing the views and ideas at all levels ,Rajan might be fresher in this industry ...and for which he is clearing his doubts ...so whats wrong in it ...If you are not ready to help or share your views ...then I would suggest etter not to comment
Roma

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.