nkulsh

.... and the debate continues....:-)

Isn't it suprising how the debate between Idealist and realist always result in heated arguments..:-) . because that is exactly what this is. A debate between Idealist ( assess, train, improve, perform ) and Realist ( assess, decide, replace, perform).

In this debate what people tend to forget is the cost attached to creating an idealist model and also the time needed to create one. But most of these organizations are business enterprises with the purpose of making money. Even in more HR matured industry sectors like telecom / IT, the management prefers hiring ready to utilize resources than train half ready resources.

It has got nothing to do with what kind of a person you are or how much knowledge you have. These are very real, practical and every day decisions that are taken by a business enterprise. and one day when all of us, including the ones with the idealistic views reach positions of power, please dont be suprised if you yourself decide against idealistic model...;-)

I know...because i was one until i had to decide...:-0

Wishing all you guys a very happy 2012!!

Cheers

Navneet

Navneet Chandra Kulshrestha - India | LinkedIn

From India, Delhi
amolsdeokar

No i am not taking it personally please don’t misunderstand me this is only discussion and not more than that. take care Regards, Amol Deokar
From India, Mumbai
dmc123

Dear sir How many days work has he completed? How many months was he on probation and was his probation extended? Also what are the terms and conditions of termination in appointment letter?
From India, Pune
camalhotra
Termination can be done, after issuance of warning letters and taking the acceptance,(2) as per labour law if the employee has issued the warning letters and has not completed the 240 days (3)Appointment letter is having the clause of termination,
then in all such cases a decision can be taken
Rishi Malhotra

From India, Gurgaon
Kajal Thaker
Hello Amol,
If you recuit an employee and within 15 days you feel that he is not performing upto the mark, then there is a mistake recruitment process, not mistake of employee. The interview assessment is wrong. I think, in this case, employee is should not suffer due to interviewer's mistake.
Regards,
Kajal

From India, Ahmadabad
anil.arora

Hi you missed here something...Mr Pulkit said that the employee has just appointed on 7th December 2011 and today is 29th...please check yourself and questions once.
He has not even completed one month and employer is expecting this employee to perform well. Within a month employer has evaluate his performance and wants to bring him out from the company...hope this time people will read it properly and can understand the actual problem. Kajal has rightly said that no one can judge the performance within a month.

From India, Gurgaon
bhaskar_kanungo
This is a question mark on HR and Recruitment process. I think even HR Recruiter and those who have cleared his appointment needs to put on task and must be make accountable. I mean wrong assessment should not be looked as Employee not able to perform, thats too in less than 15 days.....
From India, New Delhi
anil.arora

Mr. Amol, well I need your help in something..cud you please define "I think 1 year 6 months is not sufficient for gaining knowledge of assigned job according to you, so there is need of more training" you stated above?? bcz i believe i and no other one has used this term..we were talking about a probationary period of few days...Please let me understand this ...Maybe Im not experienced like you but seriously i wanna know why this term has been used here...
From India, Gurgaon
sunil jogdeo

There must be some thing wrong in recruitment process. How can some one who has not completed even a month is required to be terminated? Was he recruited without being tested properly?
Some one has rightly stated that he can be trained if he falling short of expectations.
If at all you really want to terminate (for reasons best known to you), you have to adhere to notice period which is mentioned in letter of probation issued to him and accepted by him. However, there must be a mention of reasons for termination. Removing during probation is easier than removing once he is confirmed.
It is also good if instead of termination you ask him to resign convincing him that termination is not a good reason for any employee in his career and his future will be in problem.
sunil

From India, Mumbai
hrprofessional3@gmail.com

Hi Pulkit,
If all of you [superiors, management and yourself] are convinced that he is not competent enough [may not be displaying the basic knowledge and skills required for the job], you can terminate the said employee's services by giving him a proper notice [as conveyed to him in the appointment letter that you would have issued]. You will face no problems either from the employee or either of the legal machinery. GOD BLESS.
regards, suresh

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.