No Tags Found!

hrdude
Hi,
Please note what ever the days may be we have to pay for the National/Festival Holiday unless he is absent for the whole month.
To my best knowledge, if a person is covered under the esi act and has taken leave can/need not been given holiday since he would claim the same amount under the esi benefit .
Therefore it is purly based on leave policy of the organisation in some cases and also of the other statutory act which would be applicable to the industry .
Regard,

From India, Madras
gpramanik
dear friend
it depends on you organisational policy. such policy varies from organisation to organisation. what ever practice to implement first u have formulate a proper live policy.
if u need more help write to
regards
gurupada pramanik
+91 98307 79553

From India, Delhi
Nikita Chhabra
:) Hi....
Well according to company policy we only consider Working days as leaves...
as we have weekends off..ie;have 5 days work culture,
thus i think only working days should be taken into consideration.
Regards,
Nikita Chhabra.

From India, Indore
RSUDHAKAR

Hello
It depends upon the type of leave
When Casual leave taken - The in between holidays will be treated as holiays
When Sick leave is taken - The in between holidays will be treated as Sickleave , the same is applicable for Earn Leave also
Suppose , if any employee is trying to Take continous compensatory off and any national holiday comes in between , then it will be treated as natioinal holiday
Any how the leave policy changes from company to company
REgards
R.Sudhakar

From India
neerajebox
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
From India, Calcutta
Swati.hr

hi,
Even i'm having the same confusion for a long time how to calculate the leaves...
In my company they will count even the public holidays and Sunday also.. since we are paying for those holidays also..
For Example,
A person is taking leave from 14/08 to 20/08, it will be considered as 7 days leave with pay..
Another Person is on leave from 14/08 to 17/08, then it will be considered as 4 days leave.
This is wat we follow in our office.. Even i'm having the same confusion for a long time how to calculate the leaves...
Let me have suggestions on this from other cite hr friends also....
Cheers,
Swati :)

From India, Bangalore
future_leader
Hi
This is true that the respective company decide upon the leaves be as earned or Privilege, Sick or casual. In my company if the employee is critically ill he can avail one month of medical leave but that has some applied conditions. We do have other special leaves like bereavement, higher education examination leave (not to mention maternity and even paternity leaves......although very few days as paternity). We don't include Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays as leaves even if they fall between the leaves taken by employees.
So there is no point in argument...whether it is right or wrong to give employees leaves.Two things should be kept in mind while granting the leaves that the leaves should be applied in advance and should not hamper the work assigned.
Regards,
"A"

From India, Bangalore
tittli

Dear Friends,

Thanks for ur numerous replies.

Actually I feel most of u did not understand my question.

Our org. is not govt. by Factory's Act, it is a small LTd co. into Engg. field providing turnkey solutions to a wide variety of industries.

I am not clear whether it will be governed by the Shops & Establishment act. The mgt. feels it comes only under the registrar of cos. & our employee strength is around 14.

1) I would like to know whether our organisation is governed by which Act

as far as the Leave Policies are concerned.

2) We do not hv any leave policy in Place as of yet. WE hv just framed our leave policy - our mgt has allocated 7 CL, 8 SL & 15 PL

3) As of yet an employe on probation is not entitled to any kind of leave -

Is there any rule which says that a probationery employee should be allocated CL & SL - if so what is the rule that governs an organisation like ours.

4) If a probationery employee takes Leave as follows what should be the action

Sunday (Weekly Off)

Monday (Employee takes Leave)

Tuesday ( Leave due to Rakshabandhan)

Wednesday (Employee Takes half day leave- morning half)

For 31 days in the month of August, if the employee has not availed any other leave except the ones mentioned above then in this scenario

Will Tuesday be calculated as leave?

Will the working days of the employee be calculated as 28 1/2 or 29 1/2

Hope all have understood my question? Please help out if u can

Regards

From India, Bharuch
Amitmhrm

Dear Tittli..
In most of teh organisation, one may avail 7 days of leave during probation period on pro-rata basis...
So in this case.. Sunday will be weekly off, Monday will be Leave.. Tuesday would be Raksha Bandhan and if he has Leaves in his account then definitely 1st half may also be leave..
But if he is applying for Wednesday leave in advance, then it will be of 2.5 days.. i.e from Monday to 1st half of Wednesday..
But this much leave must be there in his account.. otherwise it will be treated as Leave without Pay.. (LWP).
Regards,
Amit Seth.

From India, Ahmadabad
svsrana

shelly is right....
as a social compliance auditor, i hv analysed lHR policies/ procedures across industries..
lets take an example:
if a person works the entire week ie monday to friday
saturday is half day
he applies for 1.5 days leave ie half day for saturday n 1 day for monday
sunday not being counted in this case...
now the imp part:
these are all good practices and your company may/ may not be following the same...
another eg is Tata steel & ITC chirala have 3rd/4th generation employees, now would you hope to find the same in any BPO....
surya vrat

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.