No Tags Found!

Jeroo Chandiok

Let's get a little clarity into the subject.
If leave is counted on working days, then there is no problem, i.e. if a person takes leave on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, out of which Saturdays and Sundays are paid holidays, then he is maked as absent only on 2 working days, i.e. Friday and Monday.
The problem is when leave is given on a calendar basis. Yes, if earned leave, sick leave or casual leave is given upto the last working day in the week, then normally, the following paid holidays, i.e. Saturday (if applicable) and Sunday are not added to the leave given.
However, some companies (even now), add the intervening paid holidays (upto the next working day) as leave taken. If it is company policy, then one cannot really object, except to request the company to reformulate its leave rules to the employees' benefit.
I am not sure about national holidays - normally they are included in the leave taken, but I may be wrong.
Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Dear Friend,
Although I am unable to give the exact information you require, Kindly click on the following link, it will give you some required information,
https://www.citehr.com/search_new.ph...TURE&submit=Go
Pls let me know was this information useful,,
If not let me try out more & give information,,,,
In CiteHR you will get A to Z information on HR…..
Regards
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
093831 93832

From India, Coimbatore
asadbd

Dear Friends
This is absolutely depend on the company's leave policy. In my country (Bangladesh), both policies are available. For example, my company doesn't consider Friday (our weekly holiday) as leave if I take leave for Thursday and Saturday. Only 2 days will count in that case. But lot of companies I know those who will count all 3 days and will deduct those 3 days from his/her annual leave.
Thanks
Asad

From Bangladesh, Dhaka
monicakaushik2007

It Depensds on Organization to Organization. As in our company we do not consider Saturday and Sunday as Holidays. Only weekdays are considered as Holidays.
From India, Delhi
ARUMUGAM. N

Dear Neeraj,
This Leave policies are differ from company to company. If you want to change your leave policy go ahead, get approval from your Management then implement it. We only made this policies and rules.
Regards
Arumugam. N

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
basantktripathi

Its purely upto the discretion of the company.
There is no rule in this regard.
Some companies do consider sunday/any other leave in between the taken leave period - Leave and some companies do not.
So its purely upto the company policy.
Regards
Basant

msrinivasulu31
Hi.. Yes you are every correct.. If any holiday or week off comes in between leaves, then that day is also considered as Leave.. Most of the company do apply the same policy.. Regards, Vasu
From India, Hyderabad
kmsridhar

Calculation of leave differ from company to company. If your company leave policy provides for prefixing or suffixing of holidays then the holidays prefixed or suffixed shall be exempted from treating as leave. however intervening holidays in between a continuous spell of leave is always treated as leave . this is from the leave policy of GOvt of india to its employees . hope it sunds very logical and has been tested for more than 60 yrs hence more validated.

omprakashmahata
Neeraj,
Its a universal policy that if leave is taken before or after weekly off or any other holiday, it is counted as leave. Its not only in Pvt. Sector but it is the same in Government Sector also.
With Regards,
Om Prakash

From India, Vadodara
tittli

Dear All,
Hi! I would like to know what is applicable if a person has a weekly off on Sunday, takes a leave on Monday, Tuesday is a paid holiday (a festival) & comes half day on Wednesday (in the second Half).
In this case should Tuesday be considered a leave (Total 2 1/2 days leave) or should leave be considered for 1 1/2 day ?
The co. follows the policy of considering an intervening sunday as leave if a person is on leave on Saturday & Monday.
Regards,
Tittli

From India, Bharuch
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.