titar
Hi,
Greeting for the day!!!
I have read all comments on this topic, what i belive and my exprience is that their is existence of HR generalist but as such we don't have any profile/ designation name. Human Resourse divide in to mainly two parts-
Personnal & admin
Personnal includes all HRM function
Admin includes all statuarty compliance work.
that is what I understood.
But each industry have own term so where can we put any name.
Thanks,
Parmod

From India, New Delhi
forpoojasaxena@gmail.com
Hi All,
Thanks for your responses.
But I am still confuse, because I went through naukri.com & viewed some generalist profiles publised by good companies & they all mentioned in their JD Training & development,PMS,Compensation,employee engagement,implementation of hr plan & policies, employee relation,attrition & retention.Besides that I also saw 1posting on citehr publised 1yr back where same discussion was held & one person answered well according to me & I like to share it with all you.
According to that person:HR operations focuses mainly on over all development of the organization like Quality, Job designing, ISO, Six Sigma, Project Management, Quality Of Work, Work Schedule as such.
But HR Generalist deals with Employees like joining formalities, induction, training and development, performance management, pay roll, statutory requirement, attendance maintenance, employee relation, employee grievances etc.
Pooja

From India, Delhi
malemhijam1234@gmail.com
Hi Pooja, Why do you delete my message? HRM = HUman resource management. There is lots of scope of HRM. It goes on.
From India, New Delhi
Neelanjana Jain

Dear All,
I work in an FMCG company as Admin office .
I have started getting Hr work - joining formality leave calculation budgeting for small things. Basically i am from science background and don't know anything about HR admin related jobs. I am in this company
since last year now i have developed interest in this job. And have planned to make career in HR only thats why i am doing PGDBA (HR) distance learning. while working here i got to know this company doesn't believe in HR system ? and there will be no HR dept. in future also.Now please tell me what to do ? please guide me how can i make my way in building my career in Hr ? what are the ranking ? please guide how can i get through this and get placed as HR somewhere . like what all i have to learn to be an HR .

From India, Pune
salahudheen

What is HR Operations ( a title or a function)? To my limited knowledge, there is something called HR Operations lead, not just operations. I am not sure if a function can be a position name.
BTW, we are looking for an HR Generalist since long time. According to my boss, the Generalist should have at least a minimum knowledge of all HR functions inclusive of but not limited to recruitment and training, and policies and procedures. He will have to act as a substitute to any functional area of HR in case of the absence of the concerned e g. he should take charge of recruitment officer when the latter is on vacation so that the function will not have to cease, may be the administration could be an exception (property and premise management, Medical Insurance, cars, hotels, transportations and accommodations providing etc).

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
shalinimba06
Hi Everybody,
Why we are confused. Generalist means general. HR Generalist means all the functions of HR which includes operation profile also. HR operations is the back office work of HR like payroll management, appointment letter, confirmation letter, PF, ESI.
In small organisation there is 1 or 2 HR and they have to manage all the functionality of HR and is called ads HR Generalist profile, while in big firms , the functions of HR is divided and they have a big team of HR. So, there they have, recruitment team, payroll team, T&D team, operation team.
So if anybody says that HR Generalist is HR Operations then pls. ask him/her to get clarified on this matter.
At last, HR Operations (back office) is a part of HR Generalist generalist and is not the same thing.
Hope things have been clarified now
Regards
Shalini Singh

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.