No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi sir/madam this is Jyothi can you give a description about the six sigma concept i am not able to understand how this concept will help an organisation for its development
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jyothi,
Yes, introduction of Six Sigma is major OD intervention but then it is not HR intervention. It is the production or operations that benefits most from Six Sigma. Lot of material is available on internet on this subject. You can educate yourself from the material available. If you wish to gain first hand knowledge then you may do some capsule courses or certificate courses.
In one of your past posts, you have written that you are HR Executive. For your level, it is little higher intervention. Introduction of Six Sigma is management level decision and if it is left to them the better. Your past queries show that you are yet to develop basic understanding of HR itself. Therefore, it would be prudent if you give priority to this field rather than making foray into the other fields.
All the best!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
nashbramhall

Dear Jyothi,

Dinesh Divekar has given you sound advice given the lack of enough information about your organisation and your role in it.

My sincere advice for people seeking general information is to search CiteHR and/or the web. For example I found the following link that gives very brief information on the Role of HR in Six Sigma The Role of Human Resources (HR) in Six Sigma

You can also gain more information at Six Sigma Projects in the Human Resources Department

isisixsigma site is a good one for genral knowledge on various related topics. Methodology | iSixSigma

May I now request you to kindly go through the material and tell us how you think you could apply Six Sigma in your own work. May be once you do that, you may be able to give a presentation to your managers why your company/organisation should adopt it.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.