hopegovind

Hi Abhilasha, Yes, 21 PL is compulsory and you have to give encashment for all unutilised leave. Rest things are correct. Always welcome Regards Govind
From India, Mumbai
Adminexecutive
Hi people,
We are IT firm, we have been giving our employees only personal leave, which includes only 18 days to all employees, though we availed only 7 days encashment option.
Vasanth
Hr executive

From India, Madras
bk mohanty

Dear all,
As per the statute, one day earned leave or privilege leave is given on 20 days working which is allowed to be availed on the beginning of the following year. However if any body joins in between the year such leave is calculated propertionately. There are companies who have the provision of 30 days/21 days EL/PL in a year also which is based on their certified standing orders.With regard to accumulation such accumulation varies from 45 days to 180 days
and in excess of this is automatically lapsed.
In addition to above there is provision of casual leave and sick leave @7days each at minimum .The casual leave if not availed during the year stands abolished at the beginning of the following year while the sick leave can be accumulated up to certain days to be decided by the company or as per their certified standing orders.
bkmohanty

From India, Bhubaneswar
rajib_kaushik
Hi,
Thanx a lot for your valuable information & suggestion.In the meantime,can i have your mail id so that i can put forward more of my queries as I am too new to the HR World.
Looking forward for your kind response ASAP.
Regds
Rajib Kaushik
Guwahati,Assam

From India, Delhi
abhishekrajan

Please share information on Leave policy making based on UP Shops & Establishment Act & Factories Act as applicable.

Our company has registered office in Delhi (no one sits there) & has Corporate Office in Noida, UP (with more than 65 employees on roll) & Manufacturing Unit in Himachal Pradesh (around 10 employees).

Kindly give light how should be our leave policy.

currently its 15 - PL, 5 - CL & 5 - SL. And we deduct no salary for confirmed employees and adjust there +/- leave only when they leave organization or they encash leave. leave encashment is permitted in only in teh month of march and that too after completion of continuous 2 years service and is done on the basis of Basic Salary of the year of encashment request/F&F. Only 15 employees are on probation who will soon get confirmed. But on probation only SL is allowed. however, rest other leaves get credited in there account to be used later when they get confirmed. (but most of the time we pay full month salary to probation based employees too as we avoid deducting salary of employees and believe on them that they will continue with us for long) Leave year is April to March & only PL gets balance transfer to next year. Also if any employee above a certain level get Comp off (restrictively as there is no policy of comp offs) and most juniors / technicians get extra working payment and no comp offs, to be credited after every 3 months in their bank account @ Rs. 450 /- per day (@350/day for office boys) irrespective of their per day salary. We have 5 days working for majority of employees in IT & Software & 5 days with Alternate working (or any 2 saturdays in a month) for rest other. Except 3-4 new junior employees on paper we have put 6 days working recently due to an attitude change of employees.

Please share your words, on this policy.

Also let me know what is the minimum statutory requirement in actual for our organization. Also let me know how much we can make more employee friendly policy with open & transparent culture and also at the same time encouraging employees avoiding unnecessary leaves.

- Abhishek Rajan

Manager HR

From India, Bhopal
Saunee

agreed to it...
we have 5 CL, 7 SL and 15 PL in our company. PL are disbursed on pro-rata basis, whearas SL can be taken all together provided a medical certificate if it is more than two days. CL can be used for one day at one time. we also have maternity leaves and 2 days of paternity leaves.
PL and SL can be accumulated up to 30 and 14 days respectively. minimum 10 PL can be encashed provided you must have 20 leaves in balance post encashment.
All leaves are granted from the day 1 of joining but PL can only be utilized after confirmation/completion of probation period.
though leaves are defined as PL, SL and CL but if requires we adjustments are done on employee request as it is their right to avail the leaves in time of need....concept of leave should not create a hurdle in availing....
a nice discussion to get useful information on leave management....it would surly help us....
Thanks Govind for starting this thread....
regards,
Saunee

From India, New Delhi
Anayaat

Hi there,
As my fellow member mentioned we use the labour law as foundation then add other rules for flexibility, I feel strongly about articulating to employees what are their leave options
CL/EL : Causal leave/ emergency leave is very essential for employees
SL: Sick Leave
STD L: Study Leave this also includes days of which to take the exams you study for
AL: Annual Leave, working days (weekends not included) or calendar days
ML: Maternity Leave
MRGL: Marriage Leave
LWP: Leave Without Pay
PL: Paternity leave for spouse to attend day of delivery the no of days vary from one country to another they are from 1-4 days.
Please do note, that all these leaves require official application and evidence from certain officials i.e. STUD, Sick and maternity leave.
As I said start from the foundation then add fringe benefit.
Regards

From Oman, Muscat
Satish B

Mr Govind
Leave system various from orgnisation to organisation and state to state
In Karnataka it is mandatory every 20 days 1 PL but other leaves like CL and SL its up to the Management but if ESI applicable than SL is not applicable.
-satish

From India, Bangalore
bunti

It is clealerly define in factory act & diffrent states shops & establishment act that if any employee worked 240 days in a years will be eligible to avail @ 20/1 EL or PL but if he /she leave before it encashment will in full & final settlement.
2. Casual leave purily on state subject(Maximum states 07 in a year)
3. Sick leave for those who are not cover under ESIC (same a CL)
Minimum leaves will be mandatory to every organisation or establishment .More depends upon Employee welfare.

From India, Velluru
bunti

Actually those employee eligible for sunday or one rest whose worked 06 days in a week. 2.Depends upon company policy or organisation s stading orders. Ashish
From India, Velluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.