korgaonkar k a

Dear Asrovastava1975,
Injury or death due to accident arising out of and in the course employment, the master is liable. This is the universal law. Therefore, the family members of victims were entittled to get compensation.
The case is now time barred. But still it is advised to approach any good advocate. It is advised to approch the Central Labour Ministry. It is also advised to approach opposition leaders in Parliament. Families of all 58 victims unite if all the victims are Indian, the Government has to do some thing. The victims were employed by Indian Company and the accident took place in Bahrain cost, International Law also involves in this case.

From India, Mumbai
varghesemathew

Our friend from Belgaum has said that it is mandatory to have GPA and WC policy.Can he provide the Act/Rules under which it is mandatory? Varghese Mathew 9961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
jn@airtelmail.in

Dear Friends,
since the Salary is around Rs.25000/- the company might have exempted this person from PF and also from ESI. The Service is 3 years and 6 months and he may not get the gratuity.
But he had died while working means, it would be better to lodge a complaint with near by police station and take necessary legal action against the criminal procedure.
Becaue many of these compnies try exploit the people and even their legal advisors go with them. This is my experience.
Thanks and Regards
J Narayanan

From India, Madras
LAWANDE RAMESH

J Narayanan,
THE COURT WILL DECIDE WHETHER HE WAS WORKING WITH POSITION OF MANAGERIAL OR NOT. MAY COMPANIES HIRING ENGINEERS FOR ROUTINE WORK IN THE COMPANY. AS PER MY OPINION HE WAS ENTITLED TO GET ALL ACTS BENEFIT WHICH IS APPLICABLE TO FACTORY.
SECOND THING AS PER GRATUITY ACT IN CASE OF DEATH, THE TERMS OF COMPLITION OF 5 YEARS SERVICE IS NOT REQUIRED. SO HE IS ENTITLED TO GET GRATUITY BENEFIT.
RA LAWANDE

From United States, San Jose
mmsmnk

A Srivastava Sir,
Parents of your brother-in-law cannot legally claim compensation , since the accident has not arisen out of and in course of employment.But, they can get benefit from Group Accident Insurance Scheme, if the deceased was enrolled in the scheme.

From India, Bokaro
korgaonkar k a

Dear mmsmnk, Can you please justify your above statement? Why you say the accident has not arisen out of and in the course of employment?
From India, Mumbai
asrivastava1975

Dear mmsmnk,
He was at a party organized by his company to celebrate the completion of concreting work at the Bahrain World Trade Centre, the boat was hired by his company which capsized (due to overload- this is another case for which caption of the boat and the owner were booked and caption was jailed for 3 years) so as per my understanding this was part of his job.

From India, New Delhi
asrivastava1975

Dear Mr. Keshav Korgaonkar:
Would appreciate if you guide me how to take this further. His parents didn't make any claim at that time as they were in utter shock and we came to know about this recently during an informal chat with his mother. His father also passed away in September 2006. I feel this is her right to get compensated and it should not be held against her that she didn’t fill for compensation earlier. It was the duty of their Son’s employer also to take care of his ailing parents by adequately compensating for the loss of their child.
Total of 17 persons died in that accident including my Sister in Law

From India, New Delhi
asrivastava1975

Total of 17 persons died in that accident including my Brother in Law and his wife.
From India, New Delhi
asrivastava1975

Total of 17 Indians died in that accident including my Brother in Law and his wife. (Sorry for my earlier incomplete comment)
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.