No Tags Found!

Shivani Grover

Dear Manish,
Cheer up!!! :D
U know once in life everyone has to cross this!! Its a story of every office and the solution is dont run just take things lite.... young employees usually face these type of problems, i can say that if i would be on ur side i have taken things lightly, worked as professional, learn when they make fun of you dont let them feel dat ur been effected by the fun they are makin of urs!!
After some days, they themselves will take u in dere group and see that wen some one else a new candidate will join u will again see the same story....
So, cheer up kick the floor and enjoy life ....and remember dont ignore these people but ignore the fun dey make off....
hope it will help you dear!!
do reply when things go in favour of urs n be bold....
Shivani Grover :P

From United States, Charlotte
norain
Manish,
You are supposed to address the issue with you boss. he inturn will be able to advice you accordingly. If this fails the HRD will have to be invovled and the company code of conduct spelt out once again.

From Kenya, Nairobi
gshreekanth
Dear Manish,
Your Rx is quite natural.
But pl understand this is highly competitive world especially HR b'coz u r with the people and for the people.
Don't give up. Try to mingle up with them i believe u must have.
But continue it. Never ever show your emotion to them, try to adopt pseudo mutuality behaviour with them.
If they r making fun of u then just relax. pretend that u r also enjoing it.
Life is challenge face it with pride.
Enjoy these moments b'coz its not going to stay longer.
Regards,
Shreekanth :lol:

PVQ

Teasing a newcomer is all part of getting accepted by the herd. Of course if its bullying ,thats another matter. But you don't say that do you?
If you want to be part of the team you have to roll with the punches. People come from different walks of life, with different expectations and experiences. If you are a professional you will not ask to be treated like one.
So wake up and realise that you are not superior to the others...you are the newcomer on the block. You need the rest of the team more than they need you. back pedal and make amends.
P.V.Quinn

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
K.Ravi

Well from what the above friend said, this can be related to ragging.
It depends on the employees nature, some take it easy, some cant tolerate.
If you cannot tolerate then prepare a cunning plan, and show them their own trick back, beware in this you may get hurt.
So be diplomatic and give them the brick if they throw the stone at you.

From India, Pune
shab_nam85
don’t try to be too friendly in the office...always maintain a STRICTLY PROFESSIONAL relationship

mannonline
Respected Seniors Thanks for your reply. Have taken suggestions from you people and applying those. Somehow things have been sorted out little bit. Thanks Manish
From United States, Falls Church
shraddha nanavaty

hey.. i can just say that start laughing at urself ... take it light ... be positive and if others laugh at you then join them! :D shraddha
From India, Bangalore
hrprofessionalme

Hi Manish,
Was just goin thru your post & read the solutions of the members. I agree wit most of our frens.
Whenever we join a new organization, i feel, you should try to get used to the new atmosphere. First try to have a acclamatise to the new condition & slowly mix-up with the existing people. Everyone has some flaws or the other. I'm sure you have lots of qualities which others dont possess. When you will interact with them , probably they will get to know your importance too & You know what, knowledge makes you superior. In fact when you will have knowledge & distinct qualities , no one can disrespect you. They will do it few times but after some gap they will realize that they are wrong(sooner or later) Honesty always shines. With your pleasing, flexible & friendly nature you can make everyone & anyone your frend. Respect will come automatically. They are related.
Enough of my lecture now (i will go on & on...)
Good Wishes...
Celebrate Life!
~Meenakshi~

From India, Delhi
Karuuna

Hi,
Let me tell you something.I understand your situation very well but I see it from different perspective and I wonder if you would see it in this manner.
If they are making fun of you I feel you should ignore them though sometimes it hurts .Just think and tell them that if by making fun of you they are happy then you are absolutely fine with it as you are the source of joy to them.U r the reason for their smile on their face.
And remember the other members would judge them for making fun of you in public so dont bother and go ahead and behave as if nothing has happend.
If you are still uncomfortable u can call me .
With warm regards
Karuuna

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.