No Tags Found!

nananne
Hi... Can someone please let me know what are the rules with regards to payments / leave for labour in a NEW factory? what benefits according to the law are to be given to the workforce? thanks
From India, Mumbai
nananne
Hi Mr. Malik,
I need to know what are the laws applicable for a new factory. Laborers are on a contract basis. What benefits are applicable to them for annual leave, salaries, holidays, bonus, overtime, etc. Would appreciate as much information as possible.
thanks
anne

From India, Mumbai
malikjs

dear
different act will apply for new factory ,beside other law i am specifying law related tp labour.
factories act,PF act,ESI act,maternity benefit act,equal renumeration act,gratuity act,payment of wages act,minimum wages act,standing orders act etc.
many more are there.
basically you want to know everthing within two lines which is not possible .there is provision in factory act regarding annual leave ,ot etc
tks
j s malik

From India, Delhi
R.N.Khola

Dear Anne, It is better to appoint a HR officer for your unit. Regards, R.N.Khola (Labour Law & Legal Consultants)
From India, Delhi
exiafsergeant

Dear Anne,
It is indeed very far streatched query. Mr Malik JS is quiet fair in his reply.
Pl intimate following :-
1. Where is the location of Factory.
2. How many contract labours are employed through contractor.
3. What type of job is being assigned to the workmen.
4. In what capacity are you employed.
Factories Act, Payment of Wages Act, Equal Remuneration Act, PF, ESI, Workmen compensation act, Payment of Gratuity Act, Payment of Bonus Act, ID Act, Maternity Benifit Act etc are all applicable.
Please revert back with your specific problems/workings etc so that it can be sorted out on case to case basis.
Regards,
Dy Manager Admin * IR

From India, New Delhi
akanoray

Dear Sir,
From above it appears that your factory is located at Mumbai. The Factories 1948 and Mharashtra Factories Rules framed there under are applicable. Under the defination 'Workman' menas every person who is engaged in the factory whether he is permant, casual, temporary, contract labor, apprentice, trainnee, badali etc to do the work of skilled, semiskilled or unskilled , clerical, supervisory or managerial nature comes within the perview of the defination. Under the provision of the act every workman who who works for 20 days or more will be entiled for one day leave. A workman who works for more than 240 days in a calander year and continues to be in employment in next year is entitled for 1 day leave for every 20 days of work performed. The workman who resignes or quits or is discharged or dismissed from the service is entitled to leave wages for his unavailed leave. For this please refere to the provisions of the act. If you need more clarification you may please contact me on cell 9890752690.
Hope this will solve your problem.
Thanks
Avinash Kanoray

From India, Pune
sriroop_hr
Dears, Personally i feel no organization entertain / providing one day leave to contract labour after 20 days of their working.
From United States, Mesa
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.