No Tags Found!

sanjivanigawade5@gmail.com
Hiii,
I joined this organization and and I got ESIC facility started from April and my delivery is in month of November can I get the Maturnity leave and the marturnity leave will be payable or not payable. If the ESIC is not payable my maturnity leave then the organisation will pay me the maturnity leave or not. is there any rule. Or can u help me the same.
When I will was in last organisation the ESIC facility where there so can I get the maturnity leave payment. from current organisation.
Request you to explain me the same. I am confused for the same.
Regards,
Sanjivani

From India, Mumbai
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Dear member, if you are/were covered under ESI Act, 1948 then the maternity benefit is payable by ESIC only if you have contributed for "not less than seventy days in the immediately preceding two consecutive contribution periods" (Rule 56 of ESI (Central) Rules, 1952.

2. From the facts mentioned by you, you will be eligible only if you will satisfy the above conditions. You have not clarified whether you have same insurance number on which you have contributed in your previous employment or your present employer has obtained a separate insurance number for you. In many cases, when a separate insurance number is allotted, the insured persons/women becomes disentitled for benefits due to less number of days against said insurance number.

3. In order to clear your doubt, I will suggest you to please contact the nearest ESI Branch Office to which you are presently attached alongwith your identity card and insurance number pertaining to previous employment (if separate) and discuss the issue. The Branch Office to which you are attached is the appropriate authority/office for deciding eligibility and payments of cash benefits including maternity benefit.

From India, Noida
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.