From "sgvivek" : Dear All,
Request your inputs for one of the case here,
As one of the employee has completed 4 yrs and 300days in the present organisation , as per rule of payment of Gratuity act he should complete 5 yrs to claim gratuity,
But now he claims he is eligible for gratuity after completing 4 yrs 240 days
Request you to give me your inputs.
29th May 2010 From India, Mumbai

monica pankaj 1
I am sending you the file of updataions done by Govt in Gratuity for employees...
29th May 2010 From India, Delhi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gratuity Act (Gazette Notifications) [1][1].pdf (726.5 KB, 917 views)
Dear sir,
My self Umesh Divekar
PF A/C No. MH/VA/44359/1311
i have submitted PF Withdrawal form last 15 FUB 2010 but right now i am not
receiving pf amount and when i call pf office kandivali they call me your pf under
process and it will take some no people given any proper answer to me . 022
27814315 this Tel NoS are every time busy and some time no body receive
if you have any solution for it pls reply me . sir, i have already sent
complaint to kandivali and bandra office but there is no responde
Umesh Divekar

29th May 2010 From India, Ahmadabad
Dear SGVivek,
For Gratuity claim completion of 240 days of actual work has been accepted by the Courts. Hence though the employee has completed 4 years and 300 days of actual work, he/she will be eligible to claim the Gratuity as lawful right.
Ravindra Chaubal
30th May 2010 From India, Nasik
pradeepanckumaran 11
Hi Ravindra, This is a very valid information. is there any notification to this effect saying 240 days can be considered for claim. pls revert Regds Pradeepan
31st May 2010 From India, Raipur
lalit m sharma 2
he is entitle for the Gratuity. SC has given in a judgement that if a person completed 240 days working in the fifth year he is entitle. lalit m sharma
31st May 2010 From India, Vijayawada
Basil Sebastian
I agree to Pradeepan.This information is very important since some of our staff will come under the said ambit of working less than 5 years. . Is there any notification to this effect saying 240 days can be considered for claim. Please revert with a support to this claim. URGENT PLEASE!!
31st May 2010 From India, New Delhi
There is madras high court judgement on this issue , i hope it will help all of you. Pl find attachment. Thx tarun arora
31st May 2010 From India, Chandigarh
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MADRAS HIGH COURT.pdf (1.55 MB, 88 views)
bhupesh7171 7
Dear Ravi,
Thank you for your valuable suggesation. Are u having a sanned copy a notification which confirm or any other supporting documents which will sure our management. I will be very much thankful to u if u able to provide it to me.
Warm Regards

31st May 2010 From India, Mumbai
Govind Desai 3
Can you send the proof of this Supreme Court judgement? It will be beneficial for all. Then the Gratuity rule of completing minimum 5 years of service (365x5 days) has no meaning.
31st May 2010 From India, Mumbai
To be part of this and many other peer to peer discussions, Register at CITE which provides insights into real world issues and fosters community support and learning.

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network