swapnajagodbole Started The Discussion:
What is the difference between internal and external training? One of our colleague from citehr (Satish) and me are searching for the correct answer. Pls guide us........
Here is the answer from my end.
Internal training - This happens when the, Trainers are on the company payrolls conduct the training programs for the employees as when as required. e.g induction programs conduted by HR & Training depts in most companies. Here trainers are the employees of the company.
External training - In this process, an external trainer from a training company or a freelance trainer is invited to conduct a 1or2 day workshop for the employees. this is external training.
Let me know if you require more info.
The difference rightly is as mr. M.Readdy have put across. But I wish to add a key point of difference. i.e. :
Internal Trainings: Where more often than not, the training is focused on the companies products / services / policies / operations Or some basic skills
In External Training : the organization seeks knowledge & skill that can enhance the employees productivity skills / behavioral skills / performance skills etc.
Welcome to Integral Interface :: Synergizing Knowledge & Expertise ::
Also called In House Training and they are all training performed in the organization which will include
• Inviting external vendors to run programs in the organization (when organization invites a vendor to run a program in the organization usually for groups from 5 to 50) this method helps cut costs
• On Job Training (when training is required within the same job when gaps are found)
• Job Rotation (when employee takes up a different role in the organization usually requires training to undertake the position
• Induction Programs (when the employees joins the organization)
• Company Health & Safety Programs (once you have set specific health & safety regulations the company needs to run periodical training programs to the staff on these rules)
• Fire Drills
All Trainings employees are nominated to attend outside the organization and they are segregated into 2 groups Local training & overseas training
Local Training: All trainings attended by employees outside the organization but in a local training provider i.e. in the employee’s country
Overseas Training: When the employees is sponsored to travel outside his country to attend a training program
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> company needs freelance trainer job training Location-India-Aurangabad training company training programs training provider Complete List Of Categories