Autumn Jane Started The Discussion:
Dear All Would like to share a sample Employee Satisfaction Survey Report to highlight basic key analysis & presentation format required during the conduct of such survey. Regards Autumn Jane
Hi Meet Sush
I am not able to post the survey form due to copyright restriction. However, I am able to share with you how the survey was conducted after development of the data collection instruments.
- Two to three weeks before the survey invitation goes out, you should begin creating awareness of it. We communicate to all Managers the objectives and importance of participation, the confidential nature of the survey, and that it is a priority for the top manager(s) of the company.
- Managers will then in turn communicate to their own departments and teams via the most effective means available. All pre-survey communication materials were developed for Managers in order to facilitate an effective communication with employees.
- Actual invitation, which can be in email, letter or notice, was extended from the Head of Company to maximize response rate.
There are two primary methodologies for the conduction of ESS – web-based and paper-and-pencil. The choice of methodology should be based on what is best for the respondents – best in terms of convenience, ease of use, and trust in the method.
For ABC, the recommended approach is class-room style paper-and-pencil approach as majority of staff are non-executive without computer access and also questions raise by employees can be immediately address by the facilitator.
Conduct of Survey
In this step, the actual data collection from employees is done. Approximately 220 staff across 2 different locations to be surveyed. With an optimum class room size of 30 staff per session, it took approximately 8 sessions over 5 days to complete. An additional 1 day was reserved for spill-over i.e. employees that went on sick-leave or annual leave or not available at the stipulated dates.
Two resources were deployed at location to cater for those staff that may need assistance in completing the survey. At the end of each session, returned questionnaire was checked on the spot for completion before leaving the premise. This arrangement will increase the response rate of each question.
Survey Result Compilation and Analysis
In this step, data will be first packaged into information (via proper presentation of tables, graphs, and statistical analysis). It will then be properly interpreted. Typical analysis includes:
- Company Wide Climate Indicators
- Top 5 Areas for Improvement
- Climate Indicators by Locations
- Climate Indicators by Divisions
- Climate Indicators by Job Category
- Implications and Recommendations
The report was presented, and an initial set of remedial actions were suggested.
Sharing Results with Employees
It is critical to share results with employees in a timely manner for at least two reasons:
- Everyone must know where the organization as a whole and their individual areas stand if you are going to fully leverage the creativity and efforts of the employee base; and
- Employees need to know that the time they spent in completing the survey was worthwhile.
We conducted the results sharing for Managers which in turn disseminated the information back to his own department or team with the help of HR and develop action plans to improve employee satisfaction.
Hope this is useful.
Thanx for ur valuable guidance
i am zeeshan shekhani... doing my summer interns in this topic i.e Employee Engagement survey... i have prepared 50 questions and my sample size is 100..
i am using 7 point likert scale (strongly agree/ slightly agree/ agree/ strongly disagree/ slightly disagree/ disagree/ no opinion)
i am finding it very difficult in making tentative analysis... plz help me out...
secondly which free online site is available for survey (for 50 questions)
any other suggestions
i hav done ma pjct in EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION... my objective is to check wt there s relation b/w personal factor( age, income, qualification etc) and emp. satisfaction... i pland to use chi square,.... for that i need to derive observed data... i confused wic data shud i take as observd data 4 chi square...
i used 5 point scale... pl help me out.. urgent dearsssssssssss...
how to put score (5,4,3,2,1) for each respondents and how to categoriz those people under highly satisfd, medium satisfd, low satisfd.........
pl pl pl... pl mail me to
Found This Useful? +Vote Up This Page Via Google.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.
Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction towards the actions necessary. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.
Explore Topical Knowledge Areas
Topic Categories >> employee engagement employee satisfaction employee satisfaction survey fixed cost Location-Singapore-Singapore summer interns data collection statistical tools Complete List Of Categories
Interesting Relevant Discussions