Kindly guide me about the EL/PL, CL, SL provission under The Govt. Act. Thanks & Regards Umakant
The EL/PL is payable as per Factories Act. When any employee works 240 days in a year he is entitled to get PL @ 1 days leave for every 20 days working.
Provision of CL is under Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act wherein employee may be paid 10 days casual leave whether paid or unpaid in a year at a discretion of the management.
As far as Sick Leave is concerned there is no provision under any act however it is a practice of the companies to give SL to those employees who are not covered under ESIC.
This is based on the company policy . It depends how much leave company want to give but there are some certain statutory obligation which is mandatory to follow . As per the factory Act 1 EL for every 20 days worked to be given . As per Delhi Shop & establishment Minimum 15 EL need to be given for 1 year of service. About SL / CL there is no provision in Factory Act So follow the state shop & establishment Act . And for Holidays go through the below mentioned website :-
Feedback is appreciated.
With Regards ,
20. (1) If any amenity required to be provided under section 16, section 17, section 18 or section 19 for the benefit of the contract labour employed in an establishment is not provided by the contractor within the time prescribed therefor, such amenity shall be provided by the principal employer within such time as may be prescribed.
(2) All expenses incurred by the principal employer in providing the amenity may be recovered by the principal employer from the contractor either by deduction from any amount payable to the contractor under any contract or as a debt by the contractor.
Responsibility for payment of wages.
21. (1) A contractor shall be responsible for payment of wages to each worker employed by him as contract labour end such wages shall be paid before the expiry of such period as may be prescribed.
(2) Every principal employer shall nominate a representative duly authorised by him to be present at the time of disbursement of wages by the contractor and it shall be the duty of such representative to certify the amounts paid as wages in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) It shall be the duty of the contractor to ensure the disbursement of wages in the presence of the authorised representative of the principal employer.
(4) In case the contractor fails to make payment of wages within the pre¬scribed period or makes short payment, then the principal employer shall be liable to make payment of wages in full or the unpaid balance due, as the case may be, to the contract labour employed by the contractor and recover the amount so paid from the contractor either by deduction from any amount payable to the contractor under any contract or as a debt payable by the contractor.
According to Factory Act what is the defination of Skilled worker, Semi skilled and unskilled worker.
Why Vote? User validation is extremely important for good content to prosper.