No Tags Found!

shweta khatavkar

Hello,
I am supposed to design a performance appraisal for teachers teaching in management colleges.
I am not sure as to how should i begin the project.
Need your help and guidance.......
Regards,
Shweta Khatavkar

From India, Thana
dreamguy

you can go for 270 degree performance appraisal where you can take feedback from students, dean & from the teacher itself. rest lemme know your requirements as i would love to help you out.. regards
From India, Delhi
Kamadana Pradeep

Hi dream guy,
I'm really curious enough to know about this 270 degree appraisal system. Can u please elaborate a bit so that novices like me are able to know something about this.
Regards,
PRADEEP

From India, Hyderabad
dreamguy

360 degree is nothing but taking feedback from all the parties that effect or that come directly in contact with the person concerned. this contact certainly either effects or critical for the performance of the person.
however in 270 degree we leave one dimension whose effect is not very prevalent, e.g., customers, suppliers, etc.
regards

From India, Delhi
les2allan

Depending on how you classify them, students can be regarded as “customers”. So, dreamguy’s 270 degree appraisal may be seen as a full 360.

360 degree appraisals gather “soft” measures. You might also want to use some hard measures, although when it comes to teaching, this can be very problematic. Using raw student scores at the end of the year won’t do as a hard measure because this can easily drive the wrong teaching behavior. Some teachers will just go soft and pass as many students as they can. Secondly, students come from widely varying backgrounds, so it’s not easy to compare one teacher’s teaching outcomes with another.

If you could sort the student cohort into different demographic groups and then look at the improvement in score for each group under the different teachers, this may be the way to go. Some/all of the student assessments will also need to be done externally so as to eliminate teacher bias.

Les Allan

Author: From Training to Enhanced Workplace Performance

www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Glen Waverley
dreamguy

thanx for enlightening me but according to me in 270 degree, we leave one dimension. in th epresent case of teachers, we left out the role of colleagues or the board in appraisal which might not be that prevalent. the feedback from collegues can represent the soft side where the person can be judged on relational & knowledge sharing skills.
please let me know if i am wrong.
regards

From India, Delhi
pbskumar2006

Dear Shweta ji, For your guidence I posted the 'Teacher Performance System’n the same site. May be useful for your desire. Go through. Regards, PBS KUMAR
From India, Kakinada
les2allan

Hi dreamguy. Yes, 270 degree usually refers to one stakeholder group being omitted as respondents. I wasn’t saying you were wrong, just that students can be seen as part of the “customer” stakeholder group.
If you were to run a feedback survey, I would strongly recommend including teaching peers. I regard survey feedback from all of the stakeholder groups as providing “soft” measures because all of them are based on personal “impressions”. Not that this is a bad. In fact, I am a strong advocate of 360 degree feedback instruments, as long as they are used correctly.
Les Allan
Author: From Training to Enhanced Workplace Performance
www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Glen Waverley
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.