No Tags Found!

K. Sowmya

Hi friends,

I just want to know whether the job of an HR is only recruitment... I am asking this because my chief has said so.. In a recent meeting he has mentioned the following words " Do not ask me for any hike in the coming appraisal season just because u have done error free salary processing". He also added that I have not done any lateral induction when he is aware that it is really tough to get candidates with the desired skills... I have recruited many candidates for our new center..... But still he feels so and I did not want to argue with him...

I am certain that I will not be getting any hike..... Moreover he also says that if u go & join someother concern u ll be only placed as a Jr. HR. I also have a assistance helping me in maintaining the databases... He is a new joinee and I need to groom him in various areas.. I feel it ll take some time...But he says "what is it that ur doing when u have a assistance also helping u... Dont say that ur processing salary always... Salary processing do not require a MBA graduate".

What should I do in such a situation ???????

Thanks

Sowmya

From India, Madras
K. Sowmya

Kindly suggest me as I seem to b demotivated........ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
From India, Madras
Swati Rokde
Hi Sowmya,
Firstly be cool and do not get impatient towards the situation, understand what he wants to say and Recruitment is not only th ejob of HR. Here you have to sit back with him and understand the KRA's so that it would be wasy fo you to perform, secondly Groom your assistance towards the Recruitment front so that you can concentrate on the gernalist role.
Being demotivated is not the solution, you have to be postive and take it as a challenge as in HR Portfolio you are bound to undergo such situations.
Regards
Swati Rokde

From India, Mumbai
kayceepe
hai sowmya again praveen
ok ,r u a mba graduate ?
the role of hr depends upon the number of employees working in that organization ,for example ,the hr have the entire details of each and every individual come inside and move outside the organization,for performance appraisal that is give promotions such activities the hr must suggest,hr be the interlink of every deartment,payroll processing is the salary processing a part of hr work ,recruitment one of the most important work the hr handling,
here i attach the few i know
regards praveen

From India, Madras
kayceepe
sorry tosay again
dnt quit ,now u r in hr position but they not give hike in pay,but u train the newcomers,u well practiced in that then u get an idea how to move with the employees,if u have confident that u r known the role of hr means quit otherwise get some morew experience
regards praveen

From India, Madras
sohini basu roy

soumya as a HR i feel apart from recruiting there are lot many things to do .....but getting demoralised and worried wont help that.......go to ur boss, ask him what else he expects from you to do....talk to other HRs of different companies,visit google......you can find alot and it will help you alot......be strong and take it sportingly...... :D .i know you are capable enough to handle and overcome any problem that you are facing.....
all the best.....

From India, New Delhi
saravananjanardanan

Dear Soumya,
Greetings to you,
See taking immediate decision is very easy. If any one de motivating you. Prove that you are having stuff.
Cool. Relax. Note down the Job responsibilities involved in HR.
Some of them are
Recruitment, Training, Performance Appraisal, Salary & Benefits,
Statutory, Maintaining Quality standards, KRA, KPA and so on.
Prepare your self in this mode. Start working slowly and achieve the target.
SLOW AND STEADY WILL ALWAYS WIN THE RACE.
WE ARE HERE TO ACHIEVE THE THINGS. FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT.
BE BOLD.
STICK IN THE SAME CONCERN PROVE THEN QUIT.
IF YOU QUIT THE COMPANY NOW. THEN THEY THINK ALL HR WILL DO THE SAME JOB. DO ALLOW THEM TO THINK SO.
Regards.
Saravanan, Chennai

From India, Hyderabad
Dharmandar Attal

Dear Sowmya,

I can understand your situation, Your boss might had some situational and strategic meeting prior to talking to you or your team and as a outcome of that meeting been having residual effects of the same that he told you so.

I personally feel he never meant to say the language/wordings he would have used.

I am detailing below mentioned information for you.

Take the things in a positive stride. This will be a part of job.

Imagine in a family too you have lot of interactions, some are bad, some are good and some are average and the solution lies in open communication. The way the family communicates you need to communicate the same way, there is no difference between a family and a organization, only a minor difference here you have personalities whom you dont know, but better part is you do not have pre programmed experiential, hard programmed intutions.

Any how, take it positive and learning to react and learn from every situation.

The idea is to be there and interact and keep the communication channels open. Discuss and create solutions.

Do talk to your boss and clarify your understanding per se your role and your KRA's and based on the same chalk out your plan for future actions and achievable resultant factors.

DEVELOPING TALENT FOR HRM_

INTRODUCTION

If we believe in God, God has gifted every human being with talent irrespective of place of birth. The challenge is to develop the talent and enable the respective persons to contribute in an enriched way for extending contributions to the society.

This piece has been divided into the following constituents:

1. Concept of Talent.

2. Conventional and modern strategic approaches to HRM/HRD.

3. Approaches to talent development.

4. Focus on attaining optimum results.

5. Decision Making.

These are now reviewed.

1: CONCEPT OF TALENT

Based on Dictionary meaning, talent has been defined as under:-

1. Any natural ability of power and natural endowment.

2. A superior, apparently natural ability in the arts or sciences or in the learning or doing of anything.

3. People collectively, or a person with talent to encourage young talent.

2: CONVENTIONAL AND MODERN STRATEGIC APPROACHES

Conventional Approach

The conventional approach dealing with HR focuses around the following three aspects:

1. MOVE IN: Getting selected for the job.

2. MOVE AROUND: Obtain training, render service, undertake

operations.

3. MOVE OUT: Resign or get terminated/dismissed, die or

disassociate one self from the organization.

Specific activities relating to each of the above include the following:

A) MOVE IN

This activity involves recruitment.

B) MOVE AROUND

Various activities involved in this respect are: Training, Development, Transfer, Retention, Promotion, Test, Assessment, Job security, Orientation and related matters.

C) MOVE OUT

This includes: Attrition, resignations, severance, heath & disability, death etc.

New Expanded Role of HR

The new expanded role of HR consists of two parts and represents modern strategic approach. . This first part deals with General Aspects and the second part is in respect Specifics. The General Aspects include comprehensive understanding of the following;

1. Vision

2. Culture

3. Ethics

4. Values

5. Brands

The Specific aspects include an emphasis on the following:

1. Human Capital Management

2. Business Focus:

- Intelligence

- Decisions

- Transformation

2. Autonomous employees though empowerment

3: APPROACHES TO TALENT DEVELOPMENT Various approaches to talent development are as under:

1. Talent must be developed on three dimensions namely, knowledge, skill and attitude.

2. Areas of emphasis include intellectual development, physical fitness, moral rearmament, spiritual satisfaction and social interaction.

3. Three functional areas of development include strategic focus, management controls, and operational controls.

4. A check list down loaded from internet suggests talent management scope on the following lines:-

1. Finds and delivers leaders-the key to performance.

2. Aligns the right person to the right work.

3. Speeds recruitment, selection & staffing.

4. Ensures stability with smooth succession.

5. Closes talent gaps---speeds knowledge transfer.

6. Completes management teams.

7. Forces senior management to confront poor performance.

8. Reinforces personal & professional accountability & performance management.

5. For talent development thinking frontier needs to be developed. Major areas in this respect include: capacity to abstract, tolerance for ambiguity, intelligence, and judgment.

The second aspect relates to feelings and inter-relationships. This includes:

1. Authority

2. Activity

3. Achievement

4. Sensitivity

5. Involvement

6. Maturity

7. Interdependence

8. Articulateness

9. Stamina

10. Adaptability

11. Sense of Humor

The third aspect relates to outward behavior characteristics and includes:

1. Vision

2. Perseverance

3. Personal

4. Integrity

5. Social Responsibility

4: FOCUS ON ATTAINING OPTIMUM RESULTS

Focus on attaining optimum results includes the following:

1. Increase in profit through beefing up the bottom line of an enterprise.

2. Improvement in productivity with focus on 4 Ms, namely, money men, material and machines.

3. Attaining steady and sustainable growth.

4. Providing leadership on individual and institutional fronts.

5. Ensuring market penetration.

5: DECISION MAKING

Talent is developed for effective decision making. There are several models to ensure appropriate decision making. However administrative man model authored by Herbert Simon, Noble prize winner, consisting of five points is suggested to be carefully read and followed. Five suggested summarized components of the model are as under:

Box No. 1

Herbert Simon: Five Points Decision Making Model

Focus Operational Direction

Decision Criteria Recognize Limited Number.

Alternatives Propose only a Limited Number.

Consequences Be aware of a few.

Real Situation Formulate and Simplify Method.

Satisfactory Solution Select the Alternative.

CONCLUSION

It is high time that we give talent development as priority number one, line up logistics and implement all steps which will enable us to ensure that all enterprises continue to have stock of talent to serve the enterprises and society. This will not only enable an enterprise to attain maximum results but will also uplift the image of the country in the comity of nations. We need to be determined and adopt Talent Development as way of life.

From India, New Delhi
Prakash Baliga
Dear Soumya,
First of all be cool and discuss with your Departmental Head regarding [b]KRA's for you and then you decide KRA's for your assistant and groom him in such a way that Department's work should not hinder. HR Dept is the back bone of the company it deals with:
1. Recruitment
2. Retaining of Employee
3. Salary designing so that employee end up paying less tax and save more
4. PF related activities
5. ESIC related activities
6. Exit of employee from the organization
7. Conducting seminars, stress relief activities for employees
8. Leave updation
9. Attendance recording
10.Maintain good relationship with employer and employee
Many more than what is mentioned above.
But the most important for being a successful HR Manager always keep your eyes & ears open and take decision which is appropriate.
All the best,
Prakash Baliga

From India, Bangalore
kamitp
Hi Sowmya
What i feel is that your so called Boss either does'nt know thr Work Flow of HR Department or he is not willing you to remain in the system any more.
Any how if you are confident then look for a job where you have Professionals working with you.
Best of Luck
Amit K Pandey

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.