No Tags Found!

KVE

Dear All:
I am a training manager and I would need to hire a trainer. I discussed this with my boss and he wants me to send him a Workload Assessment sheet. I have no idea what it is? All that he explained to me is that - send him a list of my workload with duration for each.
I believe the assignment of workload units will necessarily be somewhat subjective. So how will I mention the duration.
Please find attached the list of my current workload.
Please guide.
With much thanks,
Regards,
kavita

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls wrkloadassmnt_164.xls (20.5 KB, 592 views)

les2allan

Hello Kavita. Here is how you can reduce the level of subjectivity. For one week, keep a diary of your daily activities. To manage the level of detail, break up the entries into 15 minute segments. At the end of the week, categorize the activities.

At the same time, maintain a daily todo list of the all of the activities that need doing. Segment these into these priority levels: high, medium, low and urgent. Include daily operational activities all the way up to planning activities. “Urgent” may not be a high priority, but need doing immediately, such as returning an important phone call.

At the end of the week, with your diary entries and your todo list, also construct a list of all of those high priority activities that did not get done because you were doing urgent low priority tasks. An example might be constructing next year’s training calendar or reviewing suppliers for quality. Note the impact on the organization for these missed priorities.

I hope this helps.

Les Allan

Author: From Training to Enhanced Workplace Performance

http://www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Glen Waverley
KVE

Dear Les Allan:
Thank you very much for your valuable insight and guidance.
It's indeed of great help to me.
I'll be in action next week onwards.
I hope you won't mind if would touch base with you on the same.
Would you mind giving me your e-mail id? Please ignore if you don't want to.
Thanks for your time.
Regards,
KK03

From India, Pune
les2allan

Hello Kavita. Yes, you can contact me. Click on the “pm” button on the left of my post or click on the “www” button to visit our web site. My email contact details can be found on the “Contact Us” page of the web site.
Les Allan
Author: From Training to Enhanced Workplace Performance
http://www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Glen Waverley
joscodan
I also same opinion: Segment these into these priority levels: high, medium, low and urgent. Include daily operational activities all the way up to planning activities.
Let me introduce a sample of training manager job description, I hope that it is useful for community in career development.
If you need more information, please take a moment to visit: <link outdated-removed> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
Best rgs

From Vietnam, Bac Giang
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.