No Tags Found!

prathap-gopal
Dear all, I'm reaching out for your advice on my career direction. After five years as an HR Generalist, I'm considering moving into either Talent Acquisition (TA) or Learning and Development (L&D).

Could you share your thoughts on:

1-The main differences between TA and L&D roles?
2-How these roles fit with HR Generalist experience?
3-Potential growth opportunities in each area?
3-Any skills I should focus on developing for a transition?
4-Your opinion on which path offers better career prospects?
5-I'd really value your insights as I make this decision.

Thanks a lot for your help!

From India, Bengaluru
nanu1953

Talent acquisition in general term as quality recruitment process where as L & D is basically focus on Training, Learning, Development etc.

I have no idea about your exposure as generalist HR. It random varies from organization to organization as well as scope of activities within the organization. As a HR Generalist whether you have exposure in the following areas or not is very important.

Time office function, Little bit Administrative function- Canteen, Security, House keeping etc., Benefit and remuneration management, PMS, Unions negotiation, Recruitment, Disciplinary Actions, etc. etc.

If you have, then you may switch to any specialized zone otherwise try to get exposure in HR Generalist function much better way if necessary changing the existing platform.

Warm Regards,

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in
www.usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.