No Tags Found!

Ranbir Singh Rathi
I work in a construction where CLRA, BOCW, ISMW, Payment of wages act, Bonus Act, Gratuity Act and so on acts are applicable. Factory act is not applicable. While going through the wage records of contractors, it has been observed that they are paying for only worked days and not paying for weekly off, i.e. Sunday. As per them, they are saying that we are paying as per minimum wages for daily wage as the rate shown in the minimum wage notification. Can somebody please help with references under the above-mentioned acts? I can provide that.
From India, Gurgaon
nanu1953

Construction employee if paid on daily basis as per minimum wages act or above, no need to pay on weekly off days. If it is monthly rate, then it will automatically paying the weekly off days.
The concept is " No work no Pay ".

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Contractor is bound by the law to pay for holiday working, if one works on weekly Off Day. The contractor establishment has to declare any day of the week as weekly off day.
You need to understand that payment register is prepared for the working days. Working on weekly off day is considered as Over Time working, and rate is double the rate of ordinary day.

From India, Mumbai
KK!HR

The Minimum Wages Notification gives both daily as well as monthly wages. Indeed the daily wage is calculated by dividing monthly wages by 26. In fact the daily wages are wages for 1+1/6 wages, so, in computing six days' wages, the seventh-day wages are automatically included. Pl check the MW notification.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.