rahul-raval
One of my employees was caught in conducting unethical practices... management asking to abscond the employee immediately... can anyone guide me how to write an absconding notice as this is my first time handling such a case
From India, Ankleshwar
Madhu.T.K

What do you mean by 'absconding notice'? From where did you get such name?

You only asked the employee to leave the organisation. Then why don't you serve a termination letter? If the misconduct is proved, you can very well terminate the employee showing the reasons proved in the enquiry. If, on the other hand, there is a mutual separation, then you can ask the employee to resign and go.

A person becomes absconding only he himself disappears and hides some where. When an employee takes leave without intimation, the new generation HRs declare him as 'absconding'. Legally this has further complications because it is a word causing stigma and the employee can very well sue the HR for declaring him as absconding. You can say that the "employee has 'abandoned' the job but do not write the employee is 'absconding'.

From India, Kannur
Sapna Panwar

Dear Rahul,

Here is the suggested draft:

Dear (Name)

It is with regret that we must inform you that the management of [Company Name] has been made aware of your involvement in unethical conduct within the organization. This conduct is in direct violation of the company's code of conduct and the standards of professional behavior we expect from all employees.

Your actions have been thoroughly investigated, and based on the evidence gathered, it has been determined that you have breached the trust and integrity of [Company Name].

As a result of your unethical conduct and as per the company's policies, the Company has decided to terminate your employment with us. Your last working day was [Mention his LWD], and you are expected to return any company property and other materials in your possession, by [mention date].

Furthermore, please be advised that your final paycheck will be processed and sent to you according to our regular payroll schedule. Any outstanding benefits or dues will also be settled accordingly.

Regrettably, we have reached this conclusion, but the integrity and reputation of [Your Company Name] must be upheld at all times. We trust that you will learn from this experience and take the necessary steps to maintain ethical conduct and professionalism in your future endeavors.

We wish you the very best for your future endeavors.

Regards,
Your Email signatures

From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

@Sapna Panwar the issue is not actually absenteeism but the employee has been caught while engaged in some unethical practice. It can be anything but obviously, a major misconduct.
From India, Kannur
Sapna Panwar

@Madhu TK

Dear Madhu Sir,

Thank you for your valuable input. I certainly agree with your point here. I made corrections as per the query.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.